A bag to carry around all i have with me.

ahboy168

Mar 30, 2009
East
Looking for a bag which i can put in all i have (see my signature)
into it without dis-mount my 580 flash.

My objective:
- Reasonable price. Protect my equipment.
- Can put in my car floor (under my leg) while i am driving.
- Easy take out to take picture anytime (without the need to mount flash/lens)
- Carry with me so that people don't know i bring a dslr

Without dismounting a flash? What is the reason behind? It would make the setup very bulky. Most camera bags are prepared for 'camera + lens' combo, no flash mounted.
Secondly: please define 'reasonable', what is your budget, where is the limit?
Bags do not belong under your legs when driving. They will move forward when braking and become an obstacle.

Think Tank Urban Disguise looks great. You can probably consider the Lowepro Stealth Reporter series as well

" Can put in my car floor (under my leg) while i am driving."
Issin this not too .. safe

you can go to funan centre's camera shops to look and touch the bags. different people have different expections and budgets. if you want to browse freely without the salesperson following you like a leech, you can visit large stores like Harvey Norman or Challenger.

dismount and mounting the flash will only take you a couple of seconds, it will save storage space too.

without dismount the flash, probably will put your flash out of service for a weeks or two if it break, might cost you some very Reasonable service cost too.

btw, the hotshoe foot is not built to be that strong for a single purpose, you would rather have a broken hotshoe foot than a broken prism.

Maybe TS wanna prevent dust for not dismounting lens. But flash wise I dun really understand. Because even if you keep it on at all time in order not to miss a shot, the weight and switches on the flash will slow you down anyway.. i think...