A bad moller shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

parampita

Jun 25, 2008
昭南島
Will like to share the bad experience I've had with a moller arrangement.

I had arranged for a paid shoot with moller of the "Yes, Master" fame from a
week back for a shoot today.

As model is new, she was expecting a TFCD. I offered her a paid shoot instead. It will
be a proper assignment.

I'd told her I will pay for the time and provide 3 to 5 best shots for her portfolio.
In return, I shall need effort demonstrated such as dressing up and make up. I'd also offered to fetch said model to shoot location if she finds transport to be a problem.

She'd requested that I also send her back after the shoot.

No problem.

Theme: White sundress
Makeup: light
Time: 0900 hours
Payment: $100 + 3 to 5 best shots for portfolio
Transport: Taken care off by photog

Other than via email, 3 days before the shoot I'd made the effort to do confirmation via sms.
1 day before the shoot, another confirmation sms.

Come the big day, in case said model oversleeps (happens all the time), I sms her at 0845 hours
as a morning call and prompted her to start prepping if she hasn't started.

Reached her place at the appointed 0900 hours.. no sign of moller..
Waited in car until 0915.. no sign of moller..
Send an sms to ask if she is coming.. no reply from moller..
Made 2 calls to moller at 0920 hours.. no answer from moller..

3 minutes later, moller sms'ed, said her son was sick, requested I wait until 1000 hours.
That means going to be late for 1 hours. Ok, never mind. I shall wait.

0945 hours, moller sends another sms. Requested to postpone until 1030 hours, asked if I
can waited longer. Champion.

I replied, cannot and deal is off. After all, I think as a client, I have offered quite favourable terms for a simple assignment.

It is just not professional to stand a client up to 1 and a half hours.

Furthermore, as the ETA has been postponed twice by said moller, I am not risking to hang around for a potential 3rd delay.

Conclusion is such:

1.) If said moller has kids at home and no one is there to take care of them,
this moller shouldn't have taken up the assignment in the first place.

2.) Given the benefit of the doubt, if kid is indeed sick. Said moller should have
[arranged] someone in the household to look after him/her without impacting the
work schedule. It is a paid assignment, it is work.

3.) A typical person might take 1 to 1.5 hours after waking up to prepare in the morning before leaving the house for work. A moller, doing some make up might probably take
longer. But even given the time of a regular work person, said moller could have informed the client (me) anytime from 0800 hours to even as early as 0730 hours.

4.) Last sms by moller at 0950 hours was an apology quoting her son was sick hence it resulted in being late. Apology accepted.

5.) Late is to appear after the appointed time. Perpetual postponing of ETA is not late. It
is a no show.

Bros, just to share my experience of engaging this particular moller.

Bear this experience of mine when/should u be engaging her too. Lucky there was no studio and no MUA involved, else I will get it big time.

Luckily I am always having my macro lens. Off to Lower Peirce :)

To the moller, for all the poo I got this morning, here is a fly for you to go with it. :)

3298664839_aba3cc7d2b_o.jpg

Quite bad, huh?

By the way, this moller some more wanted to see my portfolio.
I did sent my shots to her in email before she accepted the deal. ;(

I had my bad experiences. Models MIAing fron MSN, not replying smses, even 12 hours prior to shooting time, sms never reply. So I just waited SEE if they bother to call me. If not, shoot's off. In the end? Didn't call me. Not once, but at least 3 times with 3 diff models. I didn't approach them, they approached me via CS.

Hard luck Bro to have meet such an irresponsible model!

Sad it is quite a norm nowadays, lack of professionalism in the so call 'models'.

I think it all boils down to discipline and responsibility and their lifestyle/night life. But i know not all models are like that there are discipline n reponsible ones as well.

Just like in a basket of a friuts there are good ones n not so good ones so it is just our luck if we picked the not so good ones! (bro dun misunderstood not saying u at fault.)

As the saying goes we cant judge a book by its cover, till we read the content from then on we will be able to judge wether it is a good book or not!

All i can say is modelling life span is not long it is up to them to cherish it!

Cheers!:)

Name those bad apples out. Freelance or full time, experienced or newbie, once they wanted to be in the business world, especially paid shoot, any irresposible attitudes should be make known.

Name those bad apples out. Freelance or full time, experienced or newbie, once they wanted to be in the business world, especially paid shoot, any irresposible attitudes should be make known.

I agree with this ...

Maybe we have been too kind to these model / model-wannabes ... They should be named and other photogs should get to know about their attitude and work ethics. There is no feedback system for photographer or models ... so when these incidents happens it is up to the affected individuals to bring them up.

Let the "accused" party defend themselves ....

I totally agree, please name the model. Otherwise others may get hit by the fallout.

Naming is better than hinting to avoid others getting framed.

Also I have no idea why models are now requiring that photographers show them their portfolio before they accept a paid job. I wonder if for example, I'm a renovation contractor, and I'm hiring an electrician to be a sub-con - do I need to show my subcon my past works before he consider's accepting the job?

Bear in mind that this is a paid job, not a TFCD (where viewing works is acceptable).

This is a very strange trend nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think other than to post in this thread, we should also post in their marketing thread, so that would be customers know before hiring.

I agree with this ...

Maybe we have been too kind to these model / model-wannabes ... They should be named and other photogs should get to know about their attitude and work ethics. There is no feedback system for photographer or models ... so when these incidents happens it is up to the affected individuals to bring them up.

Let the "accused" party defend themselves ....

:think:
Wonder can we claim for the damages in TS case can include expenditure like transportation and phonebills + Internet access for emailing.

SMS and Email can be use as evidence for the claim?

Yes you can. Damages for breach of contract can either be quantified on an expectation loss or reliance loss basis.

In your case, you are basically using reliance loss, which is the amount of losses incurred as a result of having relied on the person's promise or agreement to contract.

Small Claims Tribunal would be the appropriate court to bring the action in.

:think:
Wonder can we claim for the damages in TS case can include expenditure like transportation and phonebills + Internet access for emailing.

SMS and Email can be use as evidence for the claim?

As a mother, I believe she should know more about responsibility than other xmms.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, many 'models' treat CS photographers as free labor.

I have also kena models who are late before or never turn up. I never work with them anymore and warn others. I also have models who bites you after they start to think so highly of themselves.

Anyway, if you dont do it, other CS photographers will.

Moral of the story: Never treat models as a Priority, if they treat you as an Option.

Yes you can. Damages for breach of contract can either be quantified on an expectation loss or reliance loss basis.

In your case, you are basically using reliance loss, which is the amount of losses incurred as a result of having relied on the person's promise or agreement to contract.

Small Claims Tribunal would be the appropriate court to bring the action in.

Save the trouble....

For those who has never seen the judges at small claims: If you think Pai Kia are bad, then try the judges at small claims. haha...

If you want to further blow SGD 100 registration fee, not forgeting yr time... maybe just to take a look again at the model... haha... then give it a try.

question,
what is "yes, master" ftw?

LOL! Apparently someone tried to hypnotize her via MSN and she'd posted in Kopitiam. :bsmilie:

TS had gave a strong hint as to who is the model...

That is a hint strong enough. But for people who'd missed the "Yes, Master" thread.. well the model's name is Olivia Ang. Her nick in CS currently is Oliviia.

But I can't find her thread in the Personal Services offered sub-forum anymore.. :think:

Bros, I dun think it is worth it to go through the hassle of claiming. I agree with Bro redstone's comments. I won't be engaging this particular one anymore.

Anyway, the good thing is.. I've engaged a number of mollers outside of organized shoots and they were great to work with, this is the first time I kena this attitude. :bsmilie:

LOL! Apparently someone tried to hypnotize her via MSN and she'd posted in Kopitiam. :bsmilie:

That is a hint strong enough. But for people who'd missed the "Yes, Master" thread.. well the model's name is Olivia Ang. Her nick in CS currently is Oliviia.

But I can't find her thread in the Personal Services offered sub-forum anymore.. :think:

Please check PM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.