Closing Date : 30 Dec 2008
Judging : Open Judging. Public is welcomed to observe
Judging Date : 11 Jan 2009
Judging Venue : SAFRA Mount Faber
2 Telok Blangah Way
Rules and Regulations
1. The contest is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Singapore.
2. Each entry shall consist a set of four prints reflecting different themes chosen from the following:
[A] Digital Imaging Culture & Tradition [C] Nature / Underwater
[D] Macro / Close-up [E] Architecture [F] People
[G] Night Scene [H] Sports
3. Digital imaging and manipulation is allowed for [A] Digital Imaging theme only. Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the photos is not allowed for all other themes.
4. Basic image enhancements and digital prints are acceptable for all themes.
5. Participants may submit as many entries as they wish. However each participant is limited to winning only one prize in the competition.
6. An administration fee of S$5.00 (inclusive of GST) is payable for each participant regardless of the number of entries he/she submits. Fees are waived for members of the SAFRA Photographic Club.
7. Entries submitted must be the original works of the participants.
8. Entries will be judged as a complete set of four prints based on:
* Visual Communication of Ideas
* Creative Expression
* Demonstration of Overall Coherence & Cohesiveness within the set of the four chosen themes
9. The size of each print must be in 8R or super 8R. Each print must be mounted individually on cardboard with a 2.5cm (1 in) border. Do not use protective covers for your prints.
10. All entry forms must be clearly written and complete. Entry labels must be duly completed and firmly pasted on the back of each mounting board at the bottom left hand corner. Photocopied entry forms and labels are acceptable.
11. All prints submitted can be in monochrome, colour or combination of both.
12. Any picture within the set of four prints that has won a prize in any previous international or national photographic competition will result in the entire set to be disqualified.
13. All possible care will be taken in handling the entries, but the organiser will not be held responsible for any damages or loss during transit or exhibition.
14. All winning and selected entries will be retained for display in an exhibition.
15. All winning entries will become the property of the organiser.
16. The organiser reserves the rights to reproduce, publish or exhibit winning and selected entries for non-commercial publicity purposes without payment of any fee.
17. All non-winning entries will be returned to the participants and can be collected after the exhibition date. Prints not collected one month after the exhibition will be disposed off at the discretion of the organizer.
18. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained. If there is any dispute, the organising committee reserves the rights to interpret the rules as it deem most appropriate.
19. The organiser reserves the rights to amend the rules and regulations as and when deem necessary.
20. Prize winners may be interviewed by the media and/or SAFRA.
21. All winners will be informed by post of the results. All participants will be informed by post of the exhibition date and venue. Winning participants are strongly encouraged to attend the prize presentation ceremony.
22. Closing date for submission is 30 Dec 2008. Entries must be hand-delivered to SAFRA Photographic Club after 19 Dec 2008 to:
SAFRA Mount Faber
2 Telok Blangah Way
23. Participation in this contest signifies the participants acceptance of the above rules and regulations. Non-compliance may result in disqualification.
24. For more information, please contact SAFRA Photographic Club at 63773681, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the application form here.