99% Perspiration and 1% Inspiration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sion said:
Some say photography is "99% Perspiration and 1% Inspiration". What your thoughts are?

yup yup ... When your 1% inspiration is trigger or enlightenment .. Your prespiration will reduces ... :bsmilie:

Sion said:
Some say photography is "99% Perspiration and 1% Inspiration". What your thoughts are?
On the contrary, I'd like to think it as "99% inspiration and 1% perspiration"
The 'perspiration' would come from carrying my baby and shooting.

Give me a low day when I'm not in a mood for shooting,
force me to shoot and u can see a nice, hot, steaming pile of crap. :)

When I am inspired it may happen in the weekday when I don't have the time to shoot.

I keep a notebook to jot down the concepts which I want explore. Come weekends I normally have plenty of ideas to shoot. :)

erhm ya perspiration and inspiration thing is wat i have been pondering on for some time already.... to put it to another way for u...is photography about the craft or the art for u?

i tink alot of people here are more interested in the craft.... buten again...what is art? how do we judge art? does this simply mean that the craft is not important if all we are about to produce is art? seek this answers yourself man....

Sion said:
When I am inspired it may happen in the weekday when I don't have the time to shoot.

I keep a notebook to jot down the concepts which I want explore. Come weekends I normally have plenty of ideas to shoot. :)
With so many ideas, I am sure you will perspire throughout the whole weekend shooting..........

HS

hongsien said:
With so many ideas, I am sure you will perspire throughout the whole weekend shooting..........

HS

Yes. Perspiration it is.

The things I shoot I only need a bit of idea to get going. This morning while I was shooting clock, an idea struck me that I could replace the clockhands with objects e.g. pencils, rows of pills, keys, chess, paperclips, cigarettes etc.

The hard part is keep producing week after week.

Sion said:
Yes. Perspiration it is.

The things I shoot I only need a bit of idea to get going. This morning while I was shooting clock, an idea struck me that I could replace the clockhands with objects e.g. pencils, rows of pills, keys, chess, paperclips, cigarettes etc.

The hard part is keep producing week after week.
I visited a reputable camera repairman here in Hong Kong (island), and this guy by the way is also a very good violin repairman/builder! In his shop I also saw some little handicrafts he made, and one was a small loudspeaker to which he attached two arms just behind the middle tweeter and installed a clock at the back of it.......very nifty! :)

HS

for me , sound like a 50/50 thing. No perspiration equal no inspiration and got inspiration surely got pespiration also.:bsmilie:

Ah_Seng said:
I always find it very easy to perspire but hard to be inspired.....:confused:
Sometimes it just takes a mundane thing to hit the spark.
At other times, it can hit u like a sledgehammer and u wun even have a spark.

Inspiration's like this for me. Really crappy.

I'd once thought of venturing into a creative field of work but on second thoughts, at the rate 'Inspiration' hits me, the company can juz do 1 advertisement and den close down liaoz. :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
I normally 99% Respiration (Relax), 1% Perspiration (Stress), 100% Inspiration (bullsh*t)

100% gear.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
I normally 99% Respiration (Relax), 1% Perspiration (Stress), 100% Inspiration (bullsh*t)
So you are farting all the time? :bsmilie:

I try not to perspire too much. It's bad to get the camera wet :p

Status
Not open for further replies.