$99 for a new laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Read the Straits Times today and there is this offer at Courts @Funan for a laptop .... i believe there is a misprint on one item on the price : $99 for a $1,500 laptop.
Students who need a cheap laptop may go down and try your luck and it may really be an offer. Don't flame me if they change their mind or if they come up with the "sold out" when the store opens. Or who knows, you may be the lucky one!
But please check the paper first, don't say i didn't say ....haha ...... :)
I m not going down coz i never believe in fairy tale.

Canonised said:
Read the Straits Times today and there is this offer at Courts @Funan for a laptop .... i believe there is a misprint on one item on the price : $99 for a $1,500 laptop.
Students who need a cheap laptop may go down and try your luck and it may really be an offer. Don't flame me if they change their mind or if they come up with the "sold out" when the store opens. Or who knows, you may be the lucky one!
But please check the paper first, don't say i didn't say ....haha ...... :)
I m not going down coz i never believe in fairy tale.

I think that the fine print will state that the discount is dependent on the laptop traded in....so the final price is still dependent on the vendor.

Hahaa! Always read the fine print ;p

dnd8008 said:
I think that the fine print will state that the discount is dependent on the laptop traded in....so the final price is still dependent on the vendor.

this is downright low-class and third-world mentality for such advertisers. Rampant with some electronics, handphones, telco, budget airlines, insurance, credit cards, etc companies.... why can't they be more honest with their prices?
Apple store is a good example of transparent pricing .... "no hidden costs".

Status
Not open for further replies.