$99 Digi Cabi from Carrefour

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-iii

Apr 17, 2005
Manual sucks!! Can't seem to set the level of humidity to the optimum one for cameras.. and it fluctuates drastically from 65% to 35%. wails.. Anybody knows?? :cry:

u have to set it in first, let it run for few days. mine took abt 3-4 days. adjust accordingly to the desired RH 45-55 i think.
after putting your items in, u may have to adjust again.

im juz recalling wat i went thru, might be a diff procedure for u tho.

Manual says, "Press and hold onto Set button until the display blinks."
It doesn't even blink!
Ah, I guess I'll wait until 3 days later and try again..
Thanks anyway

x-iii said:
Manual says, "Press and hold onto Set button until the display blinks."
It doesn't even blink!
Ah, I guess I'll wait until 3 days later and try again..
Thanks anyway

oooo i tink u have digicabi for 30lit??......dun bother pressing those buttons :dunno: .....jus adjust the knobs at the back.....run it for 2-3 dayz empty to roughly get the settings.....after u got wat u wan.....filled the cabi w ur stuffs....n u may need to adjust accordingly but do turn it a little so tat u dun get big diff......mine i set slightly above 9oclock position to get 47%
hope tis helps....

i dun see any point in running the cab empty to get a right humidity then put your stuff in and get the humditiy again.

Why not just fill it up from the start and adjust? Is accurate RH really that important?

I cannot understand the trouble it takes to 'calibrate' a dry cab that runs strictly 40-60% :rolleyes:

Your stuff wun spoil that easily even if the RH is 80% or 10% and the equipment is placed inside for more a couple of weeks.

yanyewkay said:
i dun see any point in running the cab empty to get a right humidity then put your stuff in and get the humditiy again.

Why not just fill it up from the start and adjust? Is accurate RH really that important?

I cannot understand the trouble it takes to 'calibrate' a dry cab that runs strictly 40-60% :rolleyes:

Your stuff wun spoil that easily even if the RH is 80% or 10% and the equipment is placed inside for more a couple of weeks.

up to u if u wan to put it at 80%...might as well no need to put it n dry cabi if set tat :bsmilie:
y put it empty to get it set cause u got no idea initially where to set....its okie also if u wan to put n adjust accordingly...no1 wil stop u :cool:

er... does it matter if the cabin goes towards 30% or under?..

black.ink said:
er... does it matter if the cabin goes towards 30% or under?..

not too sure.....ive read tat its abit dry...not too gd for cam n lens...mayb u can ask the old birds around....:)

R11S said:
up to u if u wan to put it at 80%...might as well no need to put it n dry cabi if set tat :bsmilie:
y put it empty to get it set cause u got no idea initially where to set....its okie also if u wan to put n adjust accordingly...no1 wil stop u :cool:

Cool it dude! I'm sure he doesnt mean to say to set it to 80% RH.

I agree with him on why the need to set till it reaches btw 45% - 55% RH before placing the equipments in the dry cabi. The normal RH level in sg is ard 80% - 90%. Any lower is consider better (for my equipments) than the normal RH level. Even if set below 45% RH for couple of days, it wouldnt be damaging to my equipment.

Cheers

x-iii said:
Manual sucks!! Can't seem to set the level of humidity to the optimum one for cameras.. and it fluctuates drastically from 65% to 35%. wails.. Anybody knows?? :cry:

Definitely no wrong with the cabinet. Ideally, set it between 45-55%. Put all your gear in and let it settle for a day or two without opening the cabinet. Fine tune the knob accordingly.

About the only problem could be the size of the cabinet. I assume 30L for S$99.
You're gonna need a bigger one in no time.

R11S said:
i don't think you quite get what i mean. I didn't ask you to set to 80%. You can't anyway. If yours has a humidifier built in then :thumbsup:

what do i know about dry cabs anyway.. :rolleyes:

So let me ask you. Since you don't know where to set initally. Does setting it empty and setting it fiilled makes any difference?

yyD70S said:
Definitely no wrong with the cabinet. Ideally, set it between 45-55%. Put all your gear in and let it settle for a day or two without opening the cabinet. Fine tune the knob accordingly.

About the only problem could be the size of the cabinet. I assume 30L for S$99.
You're gonna need a bigger one in no time.

i think the knob... doesn't work too. Anyway, I'm just gonna try it around again. Hope it doesn't drop to 30++ and make me heart skip a beat. 30L is big enough for an amatuer like me :p

I did tried calling the digi cabi staff and they said the 60L and below cabinets have the set buttons disabled so dun bother pressing those buttons.

Like everyone said, the only option is to turn the knob to the 11o'clock and see watz the humidity. its a trial and error thing...

Hope this helps...

yanyewkay said:
i don't think you quite get what i mean. I didn't ask you to set to 80%. You can't anyway. If yours has a humidifier built in then :thumbsup:

what do i know about dry cabs anyway.. :rolleyes:

So let me ask you. Since you don't know where to set initally. Does setting it empty and setting it fiilled makes any difference?

I think setting it empty initially is more to check that the dry cabinet - dehumifier, hydrometer - is working. If you start using it filled, you probably won't know where to set the knob at until a few days later, because it does take that amount of time to extract moisture out from the equipment (at least for my 48L one it works that slow). So, "calibrating" the "hydrostat" while it is empty just takes a few hours, compared to a few days with a filled cabinet.

Maintaining the knob at ard 9-930 o'clock for me sets the humidity to 44-47%

Lovely. It's set to 45 right now.. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Haha, and I don't get it. Since it's so terrible, how come everybody seem to have it?! :think: haha

I bought my Digicabi 30L 2 mths back, fiddled with the knob over a week (with all my kit inside). After that the humidity remained pretty stable from 42% to 49%...happy already and never bothered to touch it anymore. Both green and red lights will remain lighted at all time. Is this supposed to be so?

x-iii said:
Lovely. It's set to 45 right now.. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Haha, and I don't get it. Since it's so terrible, how come everybody seem to have it?! :think: haha

Digicabi is not that bad, the only thing that is terrible is the instructions. Once you figure out how to use it and set it then it's just a cabinet to keep your stuff. Afterall, there's only one knob to turn so I don't think you will need any. If you still think that it is bad, I'm sure there are lots of ppl here waiting to buy it off you 2nd hand.

monyat said:
I bought my Digicabi 30L 2 mths back, fiddled with the knob over a week (with all my kit inside). After that the humidity remained pretty stable from 42% to 49%...happy already and never bothered to touch it anymore. Both green and red lights will remain lighted at all time. Is this supposed to be so?

i tink if it get ur required setting....the green lite will go off.....if still lighted means the dry cab stil trying to reduce the humidity.....
mayb im wrong......:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.