9 Aug 2002 - 25 Aug 2002, Singapore Fashion Week at Raffles City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted the more relevant info here:

Singapore Fashion Designers Contest
16 August, 7pm
Eight aspiring Singapore designers will compete for this award. Each will present 12 outfits based on their ideas and inspirations. The top three winners will receive cash prizes of $15,000, $8,000 and $5,000 respectively. The first and second prize winners will also represent Singapore in the Asian Young Fashion Designers Contest on 19 August at 7pm.

Cotton Connexion-Spring/Summer 2003
17 August, 8pm
A showcase of Spring/Summer 2003 trend interpretation by students from LaSalle-SIA College of the Arts, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Raffles LaSalle International Design School and Temasek Polytechnic School of Design. Putting vibrancy in this year's presentation is the inclusion of Cotton Inc., the world body that promotes the use of cotton in the fashion industry. Participating students will interpret the four main trends of spring/summer 2003 as charted by Cotton Inc..

Singapore Designers/Labels Show
17 August, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm & 6.30pm
18 August, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm & 7.30pm
This two-day fashion extravaganza sees the cream of Singapore's top fashion names come together to unveil their latest fashion statements.

Asian Young Fashion Designers Contest
19 August, 7pm
Eleven young designers from all over Asia including the first and second prize winners of the Singapore Fashion Designers Contest will compete for this prestigious award. Finalists will showcase twelve outfits each, based on an AsiaTropics theme. The top three winners will receive cash prizes of $8,000, $4,000 and $2,000 respectively. The first prize winner will also receive a $30,000 BA-Honours Degree Scholarship Programme at the Raffles LaSalle International Design School.

More Inspirational Style
Catch the collections of these popular labels on the catwalk along with out-of-this-world hairstyles for next season!

Orchid Sensation by Robinsons
16 August, 1pm

Hairtrend 2003 "Chaos, Contradiction And Contrast"
17 August, 9pm

Arena Swimwear
18 August, 12.30pm

Arena Swimwear
18 August, 12.30pm

DUN MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :dent:

Originally posted by franciskc
Arena Swimwear
18 August, 12.30pm

DUN MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :dent:

Anyone going? I'm interested, actually I'm insterested tomorrow event also, but too bad, tomorrow got Mass Swim....

Originally posted by siewsphone

Anyone going? I'm interested, actually I'm insterested tomorrow event also, but too bad, tomorrow got Mass Swim....
Hey, mass swimming, when?

U will see me at Raffles tonight.

1.30 - 5.30pm NUS SRC Swimming pool

Will you miss the Sunday event?

I should be going for the Arena Swimsuit show on Sunday, anyone else, want to meet up first? :)

mpenza: did you manage to secure a vintage point to shoot? i was there today, standing in front of Robinsons, then found that the angle in fact is not that good. i tried the second floor also, but seems the angle is too high.

anyone has any recommendation?

Originally posted by barracuda
mpenza: did you manage to secure a vintage point to shoot? i was there today, standing in front of Robinsons, then found that the angle in fact is not that good. i tried the second floor also, but seems the angle is too high.

yeah, anyone? any plan? or we just go there early in the morning, just like ppl q for the HDB houses? :dunno:

Originally posted by barracuda

I was next the the elevated stage for the photographers. Managed to move in front bit by bit when people leave :) 2nd floor is a bit too far to shoot for my camera....

are u all using tripods? thinking of goin down later but dunno got space to put tripod or not.....abit paiseh also leh.
and yah btw is it too far to use a 50mm lens? coz thats the only one i've got now. no $ to buy zoom yet leh

How's the photoshoot today? Hope to see your pics soon!!!

Guess you guys must be having fun shooting away at the rest of the fashion shows.....

Mystix, there's no need to bring a tripod. But having an external flash would help.

Tonight, there's one more at Raffles City...... followed by one on Saturday at Zouk.

ASIAN YOUNG FASHION DESIGNERS CONTEST
Aug 19, 7 pm
City Square, Raffles City
Open to public

DARE TO SHOW
Aug 24, 10 pm
Zouk
Open to public
Four up-and-coming designers - Marcus Ng, Justin Lim, Mickey Luo for Incuba and Indonesian Ronald V Gaghana - promise to wow the crowd with their quirky creations.

Status
Not open for further replies.