8mp cameras' noise....but does

Status
Not open for further replies.

kegler

Dec 25, 2003
myhobbieseatdrink.blogspot.com
reducing the mp to lower like 5(depends on model) will help to decrease the amount of noise in 8mp?
thx

kegler said:
reducing the mp to lower like 5(depends on model) will help to decrease the amount of noise in 8mp?
thx

Which 8mp models? Canon 20D? ;P

blurblock said:
Which 8mp models? Canon 20D? ;P

thinking of buying an f828...hmm... 20D.... maybe when i start work then think.... cannot afford to buy lens....got body no lens = useless ...lol

erm...
can i just ask a noob question?

erm,wats the pt of buying a 8MP cam if u gonna shoot at 5MP?

and also,y dun consider G6?

just wondering,hope i dun offend

wainism said:
erm...

hmmm...am oso considering G6. noise levels seem pretty low. would prefer the lens to start from 28mm instead of 35mm though.

Oly C8080. very good prosumer digicam interms of image quality. starts at 28mm too. :)

wainism said:
erm...

its ok.... g6 is only 4x optical.... which is why im not considering it....im looking at a sony f828 ...similar to g6 (i think) starts from f2.0 and with a much longer xoom.... after using S1...im kinda spoilt with super zoom prosumer cam...lol....f828....is something close to wat i want.... i wanna try something with ext flash...no slave flash....hope this helps to clear ur doubt
thx

i think its how you take the pics that shows the noise, there will always be noise due to product inherent flaws, its prosumer, not DSLR... anyway are you going to view the pics at 8mp (25xx x 19xx ... i think) with a screen capable of 1:1? normally when we view its most likely crop about 30% - 50%, noise unnoticable, printouts on 5R or even A4 also not noticable...

I love my F828... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.