8mm fisheye

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Heard that the 8mm will be released in Japan next week.

Does anyone know when it will reach our shores? Anyone going to buy this lens. I really want something wider than my 14mm but never use a fisheye b4. Can one defish easily in photoshop?

I do not like fisheyes except full frame ones. Why not the 7-14mm instead?

Why not buy both.....;p

7~14mm F4 is indeed an excellent lens... with has a Angle of View of 114º (widest).

But to this fisheye F8 F3.5..... it has a Angle of View of 180º..... :sticktong

Something fishy down here I still cannot figure it out since this fisheye got a wider view, why it is still 8mm not 6mm which is much nearer view to the 7mm one.... :embrass:

Hacker said:
I do not like fisheyes except full frame ones. Why not the 7-14mm instead?

Buy Buy Buy, the 7~14 is a nice lens & produces near distortion free images when used correctly.

Its a good lens to shoot SUPER CLOSE UP CANDIDS too.;p

can go right up to your subject

7~14mm ;p
army.jpg

chii said:
7~14mm ;p
army.jpg
wah. u have the 7-14??? i see you've decided to keep your e1. gd choice!

noelleong said:
Hi Hacker,

you have the 7-14mm, care to post some shots for me to drool!
;p

Got to find them. Later tonight I will post them or maybe I will shoot new ones this weekend :).

Here's another one (but sorry about the the double compression that resulted in blocky JPEG)
No cropping but applied some filter:

2005-11-14_101000_PB130121.jpg

Surprisingly sharp! A very very wonderful lens ...

how much is the 7-14mm locally?

reasonable? Anyone selling theirs? :)

Ya how much did you guys pay? Check with CP today for SGD2700 - SGD 2650++ cash. Anyone bought theirs lower than this?

I saw someone testing the 7-14 on an E-500 yesterday, around 7pm in CP. So, was that you, noelleong?

I asked about the price of FL-50 - still beyond my budget .... still saving...:cry:

Here are some pixs of the very sharp and rich-colored 7-14mm. Today is raining, so old ones. As usual no cropping.

83156942_8bbead72b7.jpg

Heehee..my shadow is at the bottom left.

83156944_cc43af5360.jpg

ykkok said:
I saw someone testing the 7-14 on an E-500 yesterday, around 7pm in CP. So, was that you, noelleong?

I asked about the price of FL-50 - still beyond my budget .... still saving...:cry:

The FL-50 is not too bad. Why not consider Metz? Used to have the 60-CT4 some 20 years back or so and it was the best flash I've ever used. Now they have the updated models and so forth.

ykkok said:

That's me. :angel: The lens is solid. It balance very well with the E-500. But I am not sure if I want to buy it as I am not into wide angle photography. At the edge/corner, subject will curve, looks funny, but it really exaggerate space. The lens somehow stretches/lengthen perspective.

I will wait till PMA and then decide, as I am looking forward more to the 14-35mm F2, I think and replace my 14-54mm:lovegrin:

"Here are some pixs of the very sharp and rich-colored 7-14mm. Today is raining, so old ones. As usual no cropping."

Thanks for posting Stephen, the colors are really good. I tested the lens yesterday in CP. So how are you enjoying your 150mm F2. I think the bokek it really great. Can you post your photos?

I see that you are waiting for the 35-100mm F2. I tried it once, and after having the 150mm for while, I think zoom lens is still a better choice. :think:

Truthfully, I can't really see a difference in the image quality compared to the 50-200mm. Infact, 50-200mm is still my favourite lens.

Just my opinion.

4005942-md.jpg

3998114-md.jpg

4000932-md.jpg

Hacker said:
The FL-50 is not too bad. Why not consider Metz? Used to have the 60-CT4 some 20 years back or so and it was the best flash I've ever used. Now they have the updated models and so forth.

Seems like people who use metz are old timers.

noelleong said:
Truthfully, I can't really see a difference in the image quality compared to the 50-200mm. Infact, 50-200mm is still my favourite lens.

I'm from the very old school. Prime lenses and that's it. However, I've been reading a lot and today's zooms are very well designed indeed. That said, there is still the immutable laws of physics: Big lens=better pictures; all things being equal. (Big sensors=better photos :cry: )

A good prime will always be better than a good zoom. The 50-200 is a very good lens. I know that many have said that. However, I find some barrel distortion at the wide angles (looking at other people's pixs also) and some softness at the long end of the telephoto (which is actually very good for portraits).

I think the 35-100mm will be very sharp and I shoot mainly with that. Actually, the choice for me in terms of frequency of using the lenses will be (1) 14-35, (2) 35-100, (3) 7-14/150mm.

50-200 is too long for me anyway. Useful at times, but I do not shoot birds and so on. Not for my photographic preference.

PS: Will try to shoot some pixs using the 150mm when the rain stops.

KrY0LiT3 said:
wah. u have the 7-14??? i see you've decided to keep your e1. gd choice!

hehe no lens lah.

how's the eye cup & weather in EU

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.