8GB SD Card : Reader problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Need some help here. I am trying to copy out some images & videos from a 8GB SD card using my card reader. Copying of images is okay but when it comes to copying video file (about 9MB) ... Windoze seems to just hang and not copying the file. I am able to copy files from a 2GB card fine. Do I need some driver updates or stuff to use the 8GB card on my com?

Thanks

until yesterday, i thought all usb cables for card reader is created the same...

but yesterday i was trying to read a SD card with a newer V2 version of the card reader with a V1 series cable, and i can't read, so i changed to the v2 one and it works... it can read the rest fine thou, only SDHC... so i guess you can change the cable if in doubt... i think the thickness and length does matter as well.

it can read the rest fine thou, only SDHC... so i guess you can change the cable if in doubt... i think the thickness and length does matter as well.

Ooooh... thickness & length ... hmm .. size does matter! Okie, will try do just that. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

The cable specs (electrical) are different for USB1 and 2 though they may look identical externally... :D

until yesterday, i thought all usb cables for card reader is created the same...

but yesterday i was trying to read a SD card with a newer V2 version of the card reader with a V1 series cable, and i can't read, so i changed to the v2 one and it works... it can read the rest fine thou, only SDHC... so i guess you can change the cable if in doubt... i think the thickness and length does matter as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.