8fps on budget dslr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Supposing a company reverse engineer the 500D and make one around the same but added 8fps on full resolution yet is like 2/3 the price of the 500D.

Would there be a market for such a product?

There will definitely be a market for such a "hacked" product. It is still a Canon body that can use Canon lenses i suppose ? or u r talking about a totally new XYZ brand

ryan

if its a new brand, canon or nikon will buy it and call it their 'budget line of cameras' :bsmilie:

if its a new brand, canon or nikon will buy it and call it their 'budget line of cameras' :bsmilie:
I think Canon and Nikon will sue them instead because of the copyright infringements.

I thought sony already has something close? The A550. Not really much cheaper than the 500d though.

why do i want to have 8fps anyway?

It can probably sucker in new people, but 8fps is almost beyond the use of hobbiest. pure epeen booster.

My 2cents which will offend many i believe.

I remember not too long ago there was a hack firmware for one of the canon models. I think it was the 400D. So i'm just assuming here that perhaps some of the budget cameras actually are capable of doing it. They just need to enable the feature? I'm not saying that there is... Its just a theory. As thats how it is for some computer parts for example the old ATI radeon cards, they were the same cards as the ATI Firegl cards. Just that they had different drivers.

It can probably sucker in new people, but 8fps is almost beyond the use of hobbiest. pure epeen booster.

bro u prefer 1fps? however, u can have single shot on 8fps, but not fast 8 shot on 3fps.

still, camera processor and memory card play an important part in order to make 8fps works well.

If there's such a camera, I think that I wouldn't buy it also.
I rarely shoot in burst mode, unless it's events. Even so, I only need 3-5 fps.

Maybe people into sports photography will be interested?? :dunno:

Supposing a company reverse engineer the 500D and make one around the same but added 8fps on full resolution yet is like 2/3 the price of the 500D.

i don't need it.

8 fps for what? can you take 8 30 second exposures in a second? :p

best part is.. most people whom people think need 8fps, i.e. sports photographers, don't even gun their gear that much.

fast fps also needs good AF to boot. Remember the 1D3 AF issue? 3fps with sharp AF is same as 3 keepers from a 8 fps.

It will still be interesting, though.

crazy high fps like the d3's and 1d Mark III's were unseen in the past.. I think in another few years there might be many cameras on each camera manufacturers' line which can shoot high FPS. im interested to see where this is going

I do not think the shutter/mirror flip mechanism of the 500D will be able to handle 8fps.

A fully functional 8fps with continuous autofocus isn't something that can be "hacked".

Status
Not open for further replies.