8700 filter adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahcal

Jan 16, 2003
Visit site
went to cp to get the filter adapter for the coolpix 8700 but was told the 8700 cannot put filter as there is no such adapter.the manual states that filters can be fix on to the lens hood but cannot use flash.is there really no adapter for a uv filter that can be used with the flash.if there is where can i get one?

The original Nikon solution consist of a set of filters that are screwed onto an adaptor, but most shops do not carry it.

You can order a third party adaptor from:

http://www.nextphoto.net/

I use them with my 5700 and they work perfectly. :thumbsup:

there is a lens hood, HN-CP11. Nikon original lens hood for both 8700 and 5700. you can mount any 77mm filters and 77mm lens cap in front. it is already available in CP from this april. 35bucks. but when u use the internal flash, shadow appears because of the length of the hood.

it is metal and a very good protection for both ur lens mirror and lens body.
but 77mm filter is expensive for coolpix camera.

deadpixel said:
The original Nikon solution consist of a set of filters that are screwed onto an adaptor, but most shops do not carry it.

You can order a third party adaptor from:

http://www.nextphoto.net/

I use them with my 5700 and they work perfectly. :thumbsup:

which adapter did you get from nextphoto.can you use the internal flash with it? can zoom to the max?tks for your advice.

wudabao said:
there is a lens hood, HN-CP11. Nikon original lens hood for both 8700 and 5700. you can mount any 77mm filters and 77mm lens cap in front. it is already available in CP from this april. 35bucks. but when u use the internal flash, shadow appears because of the length of the hood.

it is metal and a very good protection for both ur lens mirror and lens body.
but 77mm filter is expensive for coolpix camera.

don't think i want to use the lens hood cause i want to leave the uv filter on all the time.tks for the information though.

what about the lens adapter ur-e8 for the wide-angle and telephoto, can you put a uv filter on this..any problem with the flash or zooming.

Just don't understand why Nikon 5700 & 8700 did not make screw thread on the lens to fix a filter like others. Using an adapter in order to fix a filter will cause the image/picture to become darker if you use the built-in flash at wide angle for this 2 model.

If don't believe take a look at this 2 photos from somebody who tested on his 5700.

Photo 1

Photo 2

that means must use the adapter that fixes directly to the lens.there are some from the link that deadpixel gave.the one with o-ring that snaps on to the lens.it comes in 46mm, 49mm, 52mm and 58mm thread. which one to get?so many sizes.can anybody advice.tks. sorry, very new to all these.jus learning.

ahcal said:
that means must use the adapter that fixes directly to the lens.there are some from the link that deadpixel gave.the one with o-ring that snaps on to the lens.it comes in 46mm, 49mm, 52mm and 58mm thread. which one to get?so many sizes.can anybody advice.tks. sorry, very new to all these.jus learning.

Go for the 49mm will be good. The 46mm have slight vignetting at the wide angle. 52mm & 58mm might get darker image when using built-in flash.

I have a 46mm and 52mm filter adaptor, vignetting with the 46mm is almost unnoticeable except to a trained eye.

Zooming is not an issue as the adaptor is attached directly to the lens. You'll need to get a different lens cap though as the original cannot be used when the adptor is in place.

The internal flash can also be used without any shadows coming into your photos.

Bear in mind that if you're planning to use the WA or TL lenses, you'll need to remove the filter+adaptor. This isn't a big deal as you'd need to do the same if you're using Nikon's adaptors and filters.

ahcal said:
which adapter did you get from nextphoto.can you use the internal flash with it? can zoom to the max?tks for your advice.

tks for all the advice..think i'll settle for the 49mm then.

deadpixel said:
I have a 46mm and 52mm filter adaptor, vignetting with the 46mm is almost unnoticeable except to a trained eye.

Zooming is not an issue as the adaptor is attached directly to the lens. You'll need to get a different lens cap though as the original cannot be used when the adptor is in place.

The internal flash can also be used without any shadows coming into your photos.

Bear in mind that if you're planning to use the WA or TL lenses, you'll need to remove the filter+adaptor. This isn't a big deal as you'd need to do the same if you're using Nikon's adaptors and filters.

why do you need 2 diff size..is there any diff.like for certain condition must use certain size.

ahcal said:
why do you need 2 diff size..is there any diff.like for certain condition must use certain size.

Besides the CP5700 I also have an SLR and DSLR. I had quite a number of special filters from my SLR days that are 52mm so I felt it would be good if I could also use them with the CP5700. I purchased the 46mm because I had also purchased the Coolfix Variable adaptor and wanted to use a filter small enough to fit inside the adaptor.

Cheers,

Matt

deadpixel said:
Besides the CP5700 I also have an SLR and DSLR. I had quite a number of special filters from my SLR days that are 52mm so I felt it would be good if I could also use them with the CP5700. I purchased the 46mm because I had also purchased the Coolfix Variable adaptor and wanted to use a filter small enough to fit inside the adaptor.

Cheers,

Matt

sorry, want to ask a question in your thread .... ;p
Do you know which size of filter will sort of flush with the lens "barrel" for the CP5700. It will look nicer if it is the same size. Does it ?

ahcal said:

I hv a 52mm adaptor, which i ordered by mistake from nextphoto. Wanted a 58mm one but key in the wrong order code.
I can sell it to you at a good price if you want, as i wont be using it because all my filters are 58 and above to suit my slrs. Pls pm me.

silverspectrum said:
sorry, want to ask a question in your thread .... ;p
Do you know which size of filter will sort of flush with the lens "barrel" for the CP5700. It will look nicer if it is the same size. Does it ?

The lens barrel is about 40mm up in front. The smallest adaptor available from Nextphoto is for a 46mm filter so you're unlikely to get one that will sit flushed with the barrel.

That being said, you'd probably NOT WANT to have it flushed with the barrel anyway. The adaptors are snap-on types so if it was flushed with the barrel, you'd have a hard time taking it off. Why would you want to take it off? When you're using the WA or Tele lenses, you would HAVE to take it off.

Cheers,

Matt

I've had the 52mm filter adapter from nextphoto for more than a year already. The size of the adapter flushes neatly with the camera's external lens barrel. To me, that looks great. Didn't notice any vignetting. But need to get a new lens cap cos the original one by nikon will not fit the larger ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.