8700 does it support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakite

Jul 3, 2004
Singapore
hi all.. i've been trying and trying to find out. Does the Nikon 8700 support write accelarate technology?

wanting to get a memory card.. but no one knoes... any help here? :confused:

No, it does not. Only digital bodies will support the WA for Lexar cards.

sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well.. cheaper card for me then... thanks espn! ;)

You're welcome, the I/O is limited by the camera body in this case, a 45x Transcend would be more than suitable.

Unfortunately, the D70 also does not support WA :cry:

45x trancend? hm i was thinkin of just getting the 1 gb hagiwara from eastgear. how? or too slow?

Hmmm, after checking, it seems it does:

Nikon D70 (from Nikon Sg):
Fast recording that supports FAT 16 and FAT 32 formats, along with Lexar WA (Write Acceleration) technology for greater speed and larger storage options.

I seem to recall a long long series of posts in DPReview saying that it doesn't.. lemme check again :think:

OK link is here:

Malakite said:
45x trancend? hm i was thinkin of just getting the 1 gb hagiwara from eastgear. how? or too slow?

Just as fine, cause in this case the I/O is limited by the camera's I/O chip and not really on the card, think you won't find much difference on a 25x and up card. :)

Gymrat76 said:
Hmmm, after checking, it seems it does:

Nikon D70 (from Nikon Sg):
Fast recording that supports FAT 16 and FAT 32 formats, along with Lexar WA (Write Acceleration) technology for greater speed and larger storage options.

I seem to recall a long long series of posts in DPReview saying that it doesn't.. lemme check again :think:

OK link is here:

Urm from what I read, they're all deducing that the D70 doesn't support WA and it wasn't really mentioned from any source D70 doesn't support WA :)

hehe thanks again espn :) ,
gotta save money la...

espn said:
Urm from what I read, they're all deducing that the D70 doesn't support WA and it wasn't really mentioned from any source D70 doesn't support WA :)

Well, further down, a couple of them contacted Nikon support in their respective countries and most of them, excelp Nikon France, said that it did not.. even Lexar's site did not like the D70 as one of the cameras that support WA, though all the other Nikon DSLRs were, list not updated perhaps? :dunno:

Likely the lists are not updated, if you read the manuals, heck, the D100's manual doesn't even list Lexar as one of the cards they recommend! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.