85mm f1.2L mark II is coming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Tan

Aug 28, 2004
AMK
Who will like to have this lens?;p

Personally I like to have one but been hold for long due to it's AF speed.

Doesnt interest me since I have to pay $3k for this chunk of glass... would rather they come up with something more accessible, in the range of $1k to $1.5k :)

If the review of it is out and it's not as sharp as the MK I... The prices for the Mark I will maintain.

drumma said:
i wonder how low the price for a used 85L(1st gen) will dropped to?

i don't think it'll drop that much, considering the super-high retail price of the new mark ii. Fredmiranda's side has some interesting analysis on this

+evenstar said:
i will like to have this lens...can you buy it for me? ;p;p;p
Sure...I can bargain for u if u paid $$$ for it...hehe

phoakm said:
Dear Fren, your dream len is coming to town. Go ahead and BUY! :bsmilie:
Hopefully the review is out before it start selling in Singapore...

Belle&Sebastain said:
the price is like 3K?
most likely...I can still remember CP quote around $3k last year...increase a few hundreds when compare 2 years ago...don't know why???

drumma said:
i wonder how low the price for a used 85L(1st gen) will dropped to?
TMC can help u on this...

Castlesinthesky said:
more like USD 2.1K, the original was at USD 1.5K originally
hopefully less than that....

holeinone said:
Doesnt interest me since I have to pay $3k for this chunk of glass... would rather they come up with something more accessible, in the range of $1k to $1.5k :)
of course, who is willing to paid more if it can get at lower price...

Happytots said:
If the review of it is out and it's not as sharp as the MK I... The prices for the Mark I will maintain.
I do more concern about the AF speed...

Castlesinthesky said:
i don't think it'll drop that much, considering the super-high retail price of the new mark ii. Fredmiranda's side has some interesting analysis on this
What is all about?

Base on USD, the New mkII 85mm f1.2L of USD$2.1k will be selling in Singapore for sure around Sin$4k ++ :bigeyes:

The Current 70-200mm f2.8L IS in US is USD$1.7k, as in Sin Current price is Sin$3.2k

The old 85mm f1.2 is USD$1.5k, Singapore selling Sin$3k :)

Who's Buying ?:think:

If we are all trying to get good images with super bokeh, I hope that Canon can produce a DC lens like Nikon's AF-DC Nikkor 105 f/2D.

Status
Not open for further replies.