828 - where and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esterp

Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
Where is the 828 available and how much?

esterp said:
Where is the 828 available and how much?

Last heard $1600... but i dunno the shop. a friend of mine got it at this price.

At this new lower price, i there is now a good reason for those skeptics not to compare the F828 with the 300D :D

Anyway, here's a F828 picture...
fishing_buddies.jpg

Triton said:
Last heard $1600... but i dunno the shop. a friend of mine got it at this price.

At this new lower price, i there is now a good reason for those skeptics not to compare the F828 with the 300D :D
Haha.. let u all in on a secret.
For those buying DSLR, pls be reminded that you'll spend AT LEAST, 100% more. ;)

AReality said:
Haha.. let u all in on a secret.
For those buying DSLR, pls be reminded that you'll spend AT LEAST, 100% more. ;)

Precisely why i choose F828 over the 300D :D
I don't wanna spend and spend and spend and carry and carry and carry
until shoulder pain pain pain :bsmilie:

Triton said:
Precisely why i choose F828 over the 300D :D
I don't wanna spend and spend and spend and carry and carry and carry
until shoulder pain pain pain :bsmilie:
and headache to plan the budget..
bring the lens ard and only to use it once or twice. :bsmilie:

Triton said:
how's the purple fringing issue on your F828? heard that PF appears on certain batch.

Raptor1 said:
interested to know also..
where the 828 could be bought now?
OK....The $1600 one is supposed to be near the Bedok bus interchange or hawker centre - so that's what I heard lah.
As for $1650 or thereabouts, I can confirm that you can get this price at the camera shop on the ground floor of People's Park Complex. Again, sorry forgot the name of the shop. You come out of the Chinatown MRT exit (next to PPC/Yue Hwa) and walk into the PPC, the camera shop is next to the entrance. The shop owner's name is Ricky.

Happy hunting

arikevin said:
Triton said:
how's the purple fringing issue on your F828? heard that PF appears on certain batch.

I bought mine first week of January from a colleague's lobang.. $1650.
As far as PF is concerned I find that it is bearable. It only becomes more noticeable under extreme lighting condition. I would say that this whole PF issue is highly over-blown. Under normal shooting condition you wouldn't really bother about it.. and it is at the levels slightly higher than that of an 707. Yes there are sensor noise but nothing that Noise Ninja cannot clean.. However if u just view it on a monitor screen, u couldn't notice unless you 100% it... I am sure that that's not the way to view a picture right?? ;) Anyway with that enormous 8MP resolution, why would you want to view a person's pimples :D :D

For those interested, here's a comparison of Before and After Noise Ninja:
Images are 100% cropped of original 8MP.
ISO64_before.jpg

ISO64_after.jpg

ISO 64 still need to do Noise Ninja ?!!
Tzam liao lor:sweat:

OMG ISO 64??? Some cameras ISO 800 about just as noisy.

I bought mine on 27 Dec (one day after official launch) at $1650 - if you searched my posts, you'll read about the story on how I found it at such a deal.

PF is definitely there, no point lying to ourselves. But you wouldn't notice it on normal-sized prints unless you blow it up 100%. If you are looking for image perfection, then get a DSLR (again, refer to my past posts for my insights on PF, as well as luminous-landscape.com review). For me, PF appears rather inconsistently... some photos I get it, and some it just isn't there.

BTW, I've been having lots of fun using my F828 over the past few days, capturing the CNY mood. The handling is unprecedented! I'm beginning to appreciate the on/off knob positioned at the settings dial. While moving around, I hold my cam on one hand, and whenever required, I just instintively push the knob using my thumb and shoot. The start-up time is so fast and silent, it feels like a D-SLR! This combination allows me to turn the cam on and off whenever I wanted, not having to worry the startup time and power consumption.

Here's a great article on F828 hands-on experience:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/sony828-II.shtml

y0gi0h said:
That means price must include that of Noise Ninja liao :confused:
Another US$29 at least.
Maybe Sony should bundle it free with the software for the F828.

y0gi0h said:

I was testing the Noise Ninja lah!!... However if you really "ngiow" about a special picture then I think it is worthwhile to do a Ninja. As you can see from my samples, the resultant image becomes very nice and smooth, giving it an "DSLR-feel" to it... Take note that it is in "quotes".. i don't wanna 300D users to start a war here :bsmilie:

tomcat said:
That means price must include that of Noise Ninja liao :confused:
Another US$29 at least.
Maybe Sony should bundle it free with the software for the F828.

Aiyah!! you don't need noise ninja unless you super ngiow or you usually take pictures at high ISO or under poor lighting.. Bear in mind that Noise Ninja also used by many professionals as well.. It depends on your need. Strictly speaking ISO 64 on the F828 is as good as the F7x7.. so if anyone can live with the 7x7, don't see why u can't live with the noise on the 828. Infact, after using my 828 for the past weeks, i now realised how bad the colours were on the F707.. F828 at Real Mode is the way to go.. Ask any F828 user.

Klipsch said:
OMG ISO 64??? Some cameras ISO 800 about just as noisy.

i am sure you are refering to DSLR :)

But remember, i paid $1650 for my F828 :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Not only my shoulder doesn't ache so much, it is even *easier* on my wallet!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

arghh...really want to get one of the 828s too..but i really need to purchase thru installments too...really wondering if Harvey Norman will bring in the goods or not..? or is there any other shops that offer installment plans?

trevorise said:
arghh...really want to get one of the 828s too..but i really need to purchase thru installments too...really wondering if Harvey Norman will bring in the goods or not..? or is there any other shops that offer installment plans?
Wonder no more. Seen it at Harvey Norman Parkway Parade.

trevorise said:

last i saw at Best Denki IMM, the price for 828 is ard 1730.. still lower than at SLS..

maybe u can go check it out... good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.