828 Close-Up Lens VCL-3358

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowspeeder

Feb 16, 2004
www.themenatwork.com
Anyone already using the closeup lens? Currently, I have a Hoya +4 close up lens, was wondering if it would be better if I add on the sony lens?

think u compare a 20-30 bucks closeup with a 120 bucks kinda weird... but den again... is the sony's one worth 120?

i would like to get 1, btw how much is those shops other than sony's selling? like CP for eg.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think u compare a 20-30 bucks closeup with a 120 bucks kinda weird... but den again... is the sony's one worth 120?

i would like to get 1, btw how much is those shops other than sony's selling? like CP for eg.

The thing is there's no info on the Sony Close Up lens. No mention about its specs and performance online and wherever. Hence, its quite little known as to whether the price is justifiable.
Probably if you get it from other shop it can be up to 20% lower than what sony is offering.

snowspeeder said:
Anyone already using the closeup lens? Currently, I have a Hoya +4 close up lens, was wondering if it would be better if I add on the sony lens?

Hi snowspeeder

Do u mean combine Hoya +4 with Sony Close up ?

Never try of it before :dunno: , maybe you can get a hand-on try at CP and see how it works.

By the way, how much you bought for the Hoya +4?

snowspeeder said:
The thing is there's no info on the Sony Close Up lens. No mention about its specs and performance online and wherever. Hence, its quite little known as to whether the price is justifiable.
Probably if you get it from other shop it can be up to 20% lower than what sony is offering.

Yes, you are right, there is no information from Sony website as regard to the closeup lense.
It is a question mark to me on the effectiveness until last month, when I have the oppournity to take photo with 3 F828 users at AH.

2 of them are using Sony closeup lense with add-on Sony tele converter
so that they can take the subject in marco mode at longer distance without scaring the butterflies away.
The result are superb. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

King Tiger said:
Yes, you are right, there is no information from Sony website as regard to the closeup lense.
It is a question mark to me on the effectiveness until last month, when I have the oppournity to take photo with 3 F828 users at AH.

2 of them are using Sony closeup lense with add-on Sony tele converter
so that they can take the subject in marco mode at longer distance without scaring the butterflies away.
The result are superb. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Think I got my Hoya +4 at S$25. Well as for the tele converters, are they really meant for the 828? Cos the converters do not come under the accessory listing of the 828. But then again, it could be compatible. How much is the teleconverter by the way? Is it the black or silver one?

Maybe we start a list lor...

1) Del_CtrlnoAlt
2) King Tiger
3) Snowspeeder?

mayb if we hit about 5 or 10 we can go ask CP, MS or whoever.

snowspeeder said:
Think I got my Hoya +4 at S$25. Well as for the tele converters, are they really meant for the 828? Cos the converters do not come under the accessory listing of the 828. But then again, it could be compatible. How much is the teleconverter by the way? Is it the black or silver one?

The Sony Teleconverter is silver one,it is actually meant for F717.
I bought over second hand from one of the CP guy for $300 as he is desperately want to upgrade to D70.
The decision for me to purchase the teleconveter came when I have seen the actual result taken by 2 F828 users with close-up len cum teleconverter.
So it can't be wrong somehow.
And since it is 58 mm, it is compatiable.
I am not sure why it is not under sony accessories listing, may be because Sony have already increase the range for F828 (28-200) whileas F717 is only 35-190.
I also notice the teleconveter are use by Panasonic FZ1 and FZ-10 as addon lenses.

King Tiger said:
The Sony Teleconverter is silver one,it is actually meant for F717.
I bought over second hand from one of the CP guy for $300 as he is desperately want to upgrade to D70.
The decision for me to purchase the teleconveter came when I have seen the actual result taken by 2 F828 users with close-up len cum teleconverter.
So it can't be wrong somehow.
And since it is 58 mm, it is compatiable.
I am not sure why it is not under sony accessories listing, may be because Sony have already increase the range for F828 (28-200) whileas F717 is only 35-190.
I also notice the teleconverter are use by Panasonic FZ1 and FZ-10 as addon lenses.

Thought I read somewhere that sony also came out another teleconverter that is black in color. Anyone heard about this?

So with your teleconverter and max optical zoom on the 828, you can achieve 340 mm right?

Maybe we start a list lor...

1) Del_CtrlnoAlt
2) King Tiger
3) Snowspeeder (I'm ok with the purchase, just need to confirm if the close up factor is better than my hoya +4)

so 3 only, we need another 2 more... den i send or anyone free send a equote to those retailers.

btw snowspeeder... u stay extremely near me.. hehe... clue... very near tat demolished old school of that street name...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
so 3 only, we need another 2 more... den i send or anyone free send a equote to those retailers.

btw snowspeeder... u stay extremely near me.. hehe... clue... very near tat demolished old school of that street name...

that's nice to know that we're in the same village. i could see the demolished school from my kitchen...only a stone's throw away.

snowspeeder said:
Thought I read somewhere that sony also came out another teleconverter that is black in color. Anyone heard about this?

So with your teleconverter and max optical zoom on the 828, you can achieve 340 mm right?

Never heard of black converter from Sony before.
If you come across the wedsite again, do let me know.

The combination of teleconverter do zoom the object nearer,340 mm,correct.

King Tiger said:
Never heard of black converter from Sony before.
If you come across the wedsite again, do let me know.

The combination of teleconverter do zoom the object nearer,340 mm,correct.

That's good to know. And say if I use it with the F32X, will the extended lens obstruct the lighting in anyway?

snowspeeder said:
That's good to know. And say if I use it with the F32X, will the extended lens obstruct the lighting in anyway?

The 2 F828 users which I mention also use flash (with bounce) and attach with teleconverter, see no problem when taking marco mode.

I have not try before yet, will trial and let you know the result later.

Sony Close up lense has 2 elements to correct optical distortions. That is why its more expensive for its image quality.

King Tiger said:
I thinl our Sony forum in less active as compare to Canon, Nikon...
When do both of you intend to purchase.

Ya agree, lets have more topics to talk about and porbably post ur photos here.

Status
Not open for further replies.