828 Close-Up Lens VCL-3358

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

u guys receive the sony promotion catalogue?
there is this spec on the catalogue about this macro lens.

"VCL-M3358
Close Up Lens
- Designed for Extreme Close-Up Photography
- High-Grade Lens in Aluminium Housing for Superb Durability
- Focus Range between 21 - 33cm (approx)
- Great for Shooting Beautiful Images without Colour Deviation or Distortion"

Hope is useful infomation for anyone....

It still doesn't say the + number. Funny why Sony must hide a figure that is so commonly used for judgement. It creates a sense of mistrust in me about Sony's intergrity. Are they afraid when the actual figure is released, people will realize it's a rip off? Could it be a cheap +2 with aluminium ring selling at B+W's high end +4 price?

Anyway, I hardly shoot any macro shoots. I am happy to have bought the Hoya three filters set for $40. Even if I haven't bought the Hoya set. I would have bought the B+W for assured quality. The Sony filter is filled with dodgy marketing speak. I simply don't trust it.

bernards said:
It still doesn't say the + number. Funny why Sony must hide a figure that is so commonly used for judgement. It creates a sense of mistrust in me about Sony's intergrity. Are they afraid when the actual figure is released, people will realize it's a rip off? Could it be a cheap +2 with aluminium ring selling at B+W's high end +4 price?

Anyway, I hardly shoot any macro shoots. I am happy to have bought the Hoya three filters set for $40. Even if I haven't bought the Hoya set. I would have bought the B+W for assured quality. The Sony filter is filled with dodgy marketing speak. I simply don't trust it.

eh berns, u have deluded to the watever side... :bsmilie: where is your trust in Sony products.

but that said, i think some how, there is still some credit that most pics taken by that close up lens is not that...

One of the main advantage of Sony VCL-M3358 is to make F828 able to focus while extending the focusing range. Thus, u will not scare the subject away due to your close proximity and is able to use flash properly. Using normal closeup lense sort of just 'magnify' ur subject at the while maintaining the same focusing range of the camera. Correct me if i am wrong, but that what I know. Thus Sony filter is what you pay for. Canon have such a similar lenses as sony but it cost more too.

Canon's lense appear to be similar to sony's...
http://www.tristatecamera.com/LookAtAll-9icwge3o-CAN58250D-3-00220016-0-store.php3.html

rexus said:
One of the main advantage of Sony VCL-M3358 is to make F828 able to focus while extending the focusing range. Thus, u will not scare the subject away due to your close proximity and is able to use flash properly. Using normal closeup lense sort of just 'magnify' ur subject at the while maintaining the same focusing range of the camera. Correct me if i am wrong, but that what I know. Thus Sony filter is what you pay for. Canon have such a similar lenses as sony but it cost more too.

Canon's lense appear to be similar to sony's...
http://www.tristatecamera.com/LookAtAll-9icwge3o-CAN58250D-3-00220016-0-store.php3.html

But when I use my Hoya +4, the focusing range is extended, although only a little bit like about 10 cm.

Have a look at my WebSite its a combination taken from 717 then upgraded to 828...

www.webwes.com
wes

but planning to sell off my 828 and Full Accessories.
its up in the Buy and sell section.

winks! :bigeyes:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
eh berns, u have deluded to the watever side... :bsmilie: where is your trust in Sony products.

but that said, i think some how, there is still some credit that most pics taken by that close up lens is not that...

Alright. Maybe the marketing fella doesn't have the technical details. So he/she ended up writing flowery words without some of the crucial facts.

Maybe Sony should fire the ignorant one?

i ask weslim liao... see he wanna let go anot... he haven respond yet... anyway lets meet about thursday? about 6pm? fine with everybody?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i ask weslim liao... see he wanna let go anot... he haven respond yet... anyway lets meet about thursday? about 6pm? fine with everybody?

Ok with me. Let's confirm on the place as well? Pls PM me.

Just to clarify, will the meet up on thursday include bringing along our cameras and doing some shooting or just go lens hunting? Whats the agenda?

Hi Del_CtrlnoAlt and Snowspeeder

How is the meetup for tomorrow?
Still no reply from the Sony sellers (weslim78)?

Sorry, but I may have an important appointment tomorrow late evening about 8pm (old friend from France coming to Singapore), I may not have time for photo taking.
Hence, may do len hunting and chit chat with you guys for a short while.
Is it fine for you all.
Do PM me, thanks.

guess we still on hold... cos CP have not called me regarding the availability of the lens yet.

until they call me, i will update & we set the earliest date & also we can be on the look out for the lens at other place as well...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
guess we still on hold... cos CP have not called me regarding the availability of the lens yet.

until they call me, i will update & we set the earliest date & also we can be on the look out for the lens at other place as well...

OK. We will put on hold for a while until further update.

Hey, I got a lobang who works in a camera shop...says they have stocks for the VCL-1758 teleconverters, going at S$355/- (min. 3 pieces purchase). Stocks are also limited to a few pieces. So anyone keen? I thought of getting it next week or so.

1) snowspeeder
2)
3)

snowspeeder said:
Hey, I got a lobang who works in a camera shop...says they have stocks for the VCL-1758 teleconverters, going at S$355/- (min. 3 pieces purchase). Stocks are also limited to a few pieces. So anyone keen? I thought of getting it next week or so.

1) snowspeeder
2) Del_CtrlnoAlt (if weslim does not reply me by sunday... still waiting for his reply...)
3)

Status
Not open for further replies.