$800, which cam shld i buy, please help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brutalguk

Hi all

Ive just gotten my ERS n i feel like buy a Digi Cam too and my budget is around $800
Actually my main purpose of buying the digi cam,is to take pics of my products so that i can list them on ebay,main focus is to get sharp quality pics.
But i really have no idea of which brand n model to get and i dun wanna make a mistake on buying the wrong one,
So Bros if u have any recommendation
please help,thanks !!

Hi all

Ive just gotten my ERS n i feel like buy a Digi Cam too and my budget is around $800
Actually my main purpose of buying the digi cam,is to take pics of my products so that i can list them on ebay,main focus is to get sharp quality pics.
But i really have no idea of which brand n model to get and i dun wanna make a mistake on buying the wrong one,
please help,thanks !!

Originally posted by Brutalguk
Hi all

please help,thanks !!
1. Canon A40
2. 128/256MB CF card
3. A batt charger + Batteries
4. Small Tripod
5. A carrying Bag

All within the budget.

Cross-posted threads merged.

Bro thanks for the recommendation
btw how much is it ?
thks !

Bro thanks for the recommendation
btw how much is it ?
thks !

1. Canon A40 - ~$400
2. 128/256 CF - ~$90/$170
3. Batt charger + Batt MO ging now(hurry) $50-$100
4. Small Tripod - ~$20-$100
5. Carrying Bag - ~$40-$100

The A40 is a sound recommendation.. But if the main purpose is as what u stated above, even a decent 1.3mp camera without optical zoom would do the job just as well... eg.. the Canon A100 currently selling in the buy/sell section can also be considered.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21466

But if u also wanna develop into 4R photos.. the A40 would be much better.. :)

Hi all

please help,thanks !!

If that's your main purpose for the digicam, imho, any digicam (not those webcams) >$300 can do the job.

For $800, maybe a Canon S30 + 128Mb CF.

Not much accessories to buy for the S30. Maybe a spare OEM battery.

For best value, look out for cameras in the classifieds.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.