80-Year-Old Granny Falls Out From Parachute Harness. Hangs On For Dear Life.

In an interview, the granny mentioned her face was covered by her shirt and not knowing the "norm" assumed nothing was out of the ordinary with the tandem jump proceeding on smoothly.

:thumbsup: For her courage and determination.

Dan....the skydive in Sentosa is better equipped than this, what was the operator thinking? Luckily both touchdown safely.

courage? i wud hav F* her upside down after the landing. almost caused the death of the tandem skydiver. If have second tots pls do not even attempt to do it in the first place. We see a lot of such gungho people who never think abt others safety.

To have cold feet is perfectly natural and nt reserved for 80yo granny.

Wrong is on the operators, not the granny who is nt expected to be familiar w safety protocol, esp. for just a tandam jump.

There is a gd reason why overalls are usually issued by operators.

Pls dnt F e granny, dnt tink you'll like tht anyway..:)

For this kind of thing......there should be pre-flight preparation....briefing and rehearsal....if you look at the granny attire...looks more like marketing than skydiving.....it was totally wrong.....and her hand posture should crossed in front of her chest.....it looks like the coach forcing her out....probably cannot afford to back out because the camera man is already well ready to jump out site the plane.....I would say he should gets his license suspended for endangering his and his customer life :kok:

The coach struggled to keep her safe. Her ignorance thinking that this was the norm meant that she did not panic on the way down. If she had been flailing her arms and legs in fright, then both could have died. Lifeguards who try to save a terrified drowning person have this problem.
Her harness was not properly fitted. It was too loose. Fear of heights is normal. The grandma froze at the copter door. The coach almost had to force her out.
Resulting in a clumsy exit.
If one is not ready, then don't do it.

The coach should allow her to change her mind, if she is frightened. Cancel the jump.

80 year old dye blond hair.

Want to sky dive changed mind at last minute dont want.

Forced to and shirt covered the whole face totally see nothing.

All she saw was her shirt.

All the viewers saw was her bra.

WTH.

YOLO!!!!!

YOLO!!!!

YOLO!!!!

at least she's got the guts to try.

what have you done today that's anywhere close to what she attempted to do?

I did a skydive a couple months back. From what I see, the granny did not have her body in the correct posture. However, the harness probably wasn't done up well. If I had freaked out during my dive, I'd certainly be better strapped than that!

i done a skydive in Melbourne last month... it was shiok! everyone should try this once in their life. I am going for second + many more! haha