8 New Pentax Products Announced: K5II/K5IIs/Q10/560mm/18-270mm/PK-Q Adapter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Well, I guess most of these are not news anymore, but it's official now.

It's all reported at e other forum. Go and take a look at them and happy reading...

Pentax Announces 8 New Products and Lens Coating - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com
Pentax announces official product updates! - PentaxForums.com

1347053071_K5II_Black_wDA18-135WR_Hood_3QView_TranspBckgrnd_sm_large.jpg

1347052989_K5IIs_Black_wDA18-135WR_Hood_3QView_TranspBckgrnd_sm_large.jpg

1347052843_a_DA18-270_large.jpg

1347052678_a_DA560f5.6_sm_large.jpg

1347053268_Q10_Red_02Lens_3QView_FlashUp_TranspBckgrnd_sm_large.jpg

Thought Pentax might boost up the Full HD video department. Guess that's not the priority now. Will give this a miss. The 18-270 hopefully will be available this year. =) Been looking forward to a original Pentax zoom since the previous 18-250mm was discontinued.

Beh Tahan liao, Virus is in the air !

A little bit disappointing as far as camera bodies are concerned. Really just renamed bodies with software changes.

Nice to see the 18-270mm has Tamron's HSM.

I think a lot of Q enthusiasts are going to have some fun with the Q/K mount adaptor though!

A little bit disappointing as far as camera bodies are concerned. Really just renamed bodies with software changes.

Nice to see the 18-270mm has Tamron's HSM.

I think a lot of Q enthusiasts are going to have some fun with the Q/K mount adaptor though!

Hmmm ... From what I read , the 18-270 should be using our very own SDM .

Beside tamron is using USD . HSM belong to sigma . :)

The K5 IIs is interesting. Wonder how much the AF performance has improved, not that matters a lot to me though.

I thought there is usually a Clubsnap review to accompany Pentax product launches e.g., K5. Did Emjay provide any review samples yet?

so anyone dumping K-5 for this? Not me I guess :p

Don't see the point, which is good. :) K5 sensor still one of the best despite being 2 yr old. I can live with the current K5 AF, no issues for me.

Hmm to be frank,nothing impressive. Good also dunnid to upgrade, ricoh still basically using hoya generation development and still not lived up to its claim that is will come on in a big way. Hope to see much better stuff next year

Last edited:
According to Russian Pentax twitter, supposedly there will be 9 announcements... I still holding my breath for a surprise in Photokina

the long lens is good for birding. wonder how much is it?

K5-IIs may be good.

You've just got to see the images taken without the AA Filter first before passing judgement that it's nothing fantastic. Unless you are nuts about moire, the images are worth the 100 up from the K5-II. Particularly fantastic for Pentaxians who takes landscapes!

Last edited:
hjbyeo said:
K5-IIs may be good.

You've just got to see the images taken without the AA Filter first before passing judgement that it's nothing fantastic. Unless you are nuts about moire, the images are worth the 100 up from the K5-II. Particularly fantastic for Pentaxians who takes landscapes!

Got less and pay more... :D

Interesting that they are using the DC motor in the high end lenses (the 560mm) now.

A bit bemused by the new AW (all-weather) line of lenses. I wonder why Pentax wants to have THREE separate designations for weather-proof lenses - WR, DA* & now AW. Its all a bit confusing for consumers & makes you wonder if there is an actual difference in the weather proofing offered by each series of products.

Hi everyone,

First time posting here.

Am excited about the 560/5.6 - wonder whether we can get it by year's end.

Hmm to be frank,nothing impressive. Good also dunnid to upgrade, ricoh still basically using hoya generation development and still not lived up to its claim that is will come on in a big way. Hope to see much better stuff next year

Well, this is probably the very first time that Pentax announced so many new products in one go, I'd say it's a big progress :) Although camera wise (especially for K5 replacement) some might feel there are not much exciting news. But think about it, K5 is already a really good camera, other than some AF problem under certain condition. K5II/K5IIs might have improved on that. For other aspects, I'm glad Pentax stick to the same design and body as K5 instead of making a new one.

From what I know, Pentax might put in more effort on 654D line (higher margin w/ less competition) instead of APSC stuff, which I think it's a smart move. The APSC market is probably too saturated already, we got far too many options. The effort/return rate can't be too high. It's good to just use most of the exiting parts and production lines so to save cost, which will be passed to us consumers.

The bigger movement would be 645D and FF (next year), but don't expect Pentax putting too much effort on FF (cameras and compatible lenses), especially consider C/N already have very affordable FF systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.