8 days Switzerland itineries and accomodation, any sggestion.

Feb 9, 2011
I will be travelling up from Italy to switzerland, should have around 8-9 days in Switzerland, and next destination will be Amsterdam

From Milan up to Switzerland, which is the nearest city i should visit first and which is the last city i should visit before going to Amsterdam.

from what i see, i should start with Lagano(nearest to milan), and end at Zurich(nearest to Amsterdam), base on the map.

Unless anyone here have better suggestion.

Planning to visit this places:

Lugano(1)
Zermatt(2)
Lausanne(1)
Interlaken and Jungfrau (2)
Berne (1)
Lucerne (1)
Zurich (1)

is bern and zurich recommended to go?

Last edited:

rocketatw

Jan 15, 2010
thanks, how about Laguno?

is it recommended to stay near interlaken east or west station, do we have more things to see if stay near interlaken east?

Lugano is a beautiful place with a lake sandwiched between two mountains (but I think 1 full day is more than enough). There is also a YHA which is very near the lake, if you don't mind YHA type of cheap accommodation.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2008
Woodlands
I was in Swiss last year.. Spent 3 days in zermatt n took the train up to gornergrat.. The views were superb.

I bought my 8 day Swiss pass at dynasty travel. But quite expensive.

Lucern was great, mt titlis was great, interlaken was alright but then I went up to jungfraujoch... Superb!

Dec 5, 2008
Woodlands
I was in Swiss last year.. Spent 3 days in zermatt n took the train up to gornergrat.. The views were superb.

Lucern was great, mt titlis was great, interlaken was alright but then I went up to jungfraujoch... Superb!

is it recommended to stay near interlaken east or west station, do we have more things to see if stay near interlaken east?
interlaken west is where u wanna go. stayed at the http://www.rugenpark.ch/. quite nice and friendly owner.

it might be cheaper to buy your swisspass there. got mine from the hostel i was staying in when i got to geneva, was given a discount.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2011
Zermatt and Interlaken is highly recommended. see if u can spend about 2 days there. get a swiss pass for bus and train transport.

is it better to get swiss pass or global rail pass?

Feb 9, 2011

hi,

when you going? i will be there during mid May.

Feb 9, 2011

heard Zermatt is a cold place. Where did you stay when you were in Zermatt? is 1 day enough?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2011
Lugano is a beautiful place with a lake sandwiched between two mountains (but I think 1 full day is more than enough). There is also a YHA which is very near the lake, if you don't mind YHA type of cheap accommodation.

hmm, will google on that. seems like 9days is not enough.

is it better to get swiss pass or global rail pass?
swiss pass worked for me. then again it depends on how u intend to get from one place to the next.

try to travel during non-peak hours. during their rush hour u have to contend with their commute since pple there will actually travel distances to get to work on the trains.

Feb 9, 2011
that's actually on the day of first snow. it got up to -18C later. the hotel is abt a 20min walk from the train station.
if -18, it will be very worrying for my kids.

can i have the hotel name as reference.

Dec 5, 2008
Woodlands
jamestan75 said:
heard Zermatt is a cold place. Where did you stay when you were in Zermatt? is 1 day enough?
Not very coldla. I was there mid June n d weather was around 10 - 15C I think. 1 day enough to walk around zermatt as it's small. There are loads if trails if u want to hike. I stayed in this hotel called hotel le mazot I think... Cant really remember d name. I booked it through online booking.

Top Bottom