7th Month Opera show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Hi, any idea where are some of the locations to see the 7th month Opera show? Is there a website to refer to?? :dunno:
Thanks!!

Larren Chen said:
not veri sure about opera show... but getai got alot...

maybe u can go check it out at the Singapore Tourism Board website ??? :think:

:D :)
Hmm.. don't really like those getai.. very .. ...dont know what to say :bsmilie:
I wish to capture some of those old Opera show set-up.Thanks .

in the ghost's month, opera show is rare unless from those old traditional temple. most of them 'celebrates' with those 'brothers' with dinner and getai.

next month is the monkey god festival month...... will have lottsa opera shows.....but then think you need to ask permission to shoot.
:)

jesser said:
in the ghost's month, opera show is rare unless from those old traditional temple. most of them 'celebrates' with those 'brothers' with dinner and getai.

next month is the monkey god festival month...... will have lottsa opera shows.....but then think you need to ask permission to shoot.
:)
Hey Jesser, do let me know about the celebration location of the Monkey God Festival.. hope it is not too remote .If you do know of any Opera shows location, do let me (PM me ) know..ok?

i've shot one at the maxwell market carpark last year, on the last day of the 7th lunar month. maybe you can try your luck over there. there used to be opera shows in bedok as well (big open carpark opp long john and pizza hut). i wonder if there's going to be one. will check it out.

yellow_kiwi said:
i've shot one at the maxwell market carpark last year, on the last day of the 7th lunar month. maybe you can try your luck over there. there used to be opera shows in bedok as well (big open carpark opp long john and pizza hut). i wonder if there's going to be one. will check it out.
Thanks Kiwi for helping to check it out..
Capturing the motions and expression of these Opera Actors & Actress is very challenging.. :D A diminished arts and event in Singapore. :sweat:
Capture them before they are gone...

A bit out of the way, but on P.Ubin, there's a troupe that performs there regularly every month and almost every night during the 7th mth.

szekiat said:
A bit out of the way, but on P.Ubin, there's a troupe that performs there regularly every month and almost every night during the 7th mth.
hmm... so far.Thanks for telling us.Do share with us some shots if do have some shots of the street opera at Ubin.

Hosea said:
Hi, any idea where are some of the locations to see the 7th month Opera show? Is there a website to refer to?? :dunno:
Thanks!!

Do you read chinese newspaper? You can buy a copy of Lianhe Zao Bao, inside they will show all the various geitai performing at the various area.

If you looking for the traditional opera show, sometime they will show in the newspaper oso...saying which temple is having one. :bsmilie:

Shann said:
Do you read chinese newspaper? You can buy a copy of Lianhe Zao Bao, inside they will show all the various geitai performing at the various area.

If you looking for the traditional opera show, sometime they will show in the newspaper oso...saying which temple is having one. :bsmilie:

Thanks Shann, I dont subscribe Chinese Newspaper..maybe will ask
some friends with Chinese Newspaper to alert me.

Just pass by Tanjong Katong complex at Geylang road. Was told that there will be Chinese wayang perfomance today and tomorrow - afternoon and evening. The stage is at the large carpark beside the complex.

Aim said:
Just pass by Tanjong Katong complex at Geylang road. Was told that there will be Chinese wayang perfomance today and tomorrow - afternoon and evening. The stage is at the large carpark beside the complex.
Thanks Aim for this info. :D

Aim said:

darn, missed this. :(

Anyone with info of any chinese wayangs up-coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.