7th month / elderly model


Status
Not open for further replies.

ivantay

New Member
Dec 8, 2004
161
0
0
#1
Hi,

I am looking to do a 7th hungry ghost month shots. Any organizer willing to do that sorts of theme ? I do not mind male or female (young or old).

I am also looking for elderly pple (age >60) for few hours shot. If you know anyone willing to, please pm me.

Thanks
Ivan
 

ivantay

New Member
Dec 8, 2004
161
0
0
#4
Thanks !! I am looking for interesting themes for Hungry Ghost / Old folks theme portraitage shots.
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#6
I am definately game for a 倩女幽魂 shoot. We do not necessay need to be shooting in the period costume, and getting Joey Wong would be impossible. I am sure we can find someone local equally intoxicating.

Anyone interested?
 

ivantay

New Member
Dec 8, 2004
161
0
0
#7
Deadpoet said:
I am definately game for a 倩女幽魂 shoot. We do not necessay need to be shooting in the period costume, and getting Joey Wong would be impossible. I am sure we can find someone local equally intoxicating.

Anyone interested?

Agree :) Not necessary need to be a hunk or babe model type... but I think a good MUA is more impt.
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#8
Let's plan this, and arrange a private shoot. Waiting for some organiser to do something, by the time it happens, we will probably turn to ghosts ourselves.

I am really psych with the possibility of a 倩女幽魂 shoot. We don't need a babe, but we do need a model with the right look. Fortunately we have a double 7th month this year, more time to plan and execute. Shooting the 倩女幽魂 shoot pass the 7th month just won't have that impact/effect :)

Who else is interested?
 

david_goh

New Member
May 10, 2006
855
0
0
Bt Panjang
www.glorystudio.net
#9
I'm pretty interested, but am a 'newbie' (can't handle my DSLR well). Am I welcome?

BTW, why would doing a 倩女幽魂 shoot before/after the seventh month lose impact? Don't mean to be rude, but I don't think the photos will give a hint of when they were taken right?
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#10
david_goh said:
I'm pretty interested, but am a 'newbie' (can't handle my DSLR well). Am I welcome?

BTW, why would doing a 倩女幽魂 shoot before/after the seventh month lose impact? Don't mean to be rude, but I don't think the photos will give a hint of when they were taken right?
Newbies are welcome. No better time to get better with handling your DSLR or whatever camera you are using.

As far as why I want this shoot to take place during the 7th month, well, just for the heck of it ... shoot ghosts in the month of the ghost :)

It's is also easier to stage during this time. Just last night, I saw some merchants down the road from where I live all buring whatever they are buring by the road, just imagine, our 倩女 and 幽魂 could be gliding down the road, damn good atmosphere and image. So, let's get rolling.
 

blazer_workz

Senior Member
May 8, 2006
3,118
0
0
ClubSNAP Community
#11
zaxh81 said:
yeah,some can volunteer to burn incense by the road side.

can try go chinatown ask those granny for TFCD.
This remind me of those Hong Kong Horror moveis where a few old granny burn incense by the road side..then a strong gust of wind came..and with the eerie green cast when the female ghost in white dress appear right at end of the street...wah..the thought of it is already scary, somemore this kind of setup during the lunar 7th month, really exciting to shoot something like this..but i think must pray first before shooting..just like wat those filming crew did when they shoot ghost movies/serials..can't afford to offend all the "ho hiang di"..
 

david_goh

New Member
May 10, 2006
855
0
0
Bt Panjang
www.glorystudio.net
#12
Deadpoet said:
Newbies are welcome. No better time to get better with handling your DSLR or whatever camera you are using.

As far as why I want this shoot to take place during the 7th month, well, just for the heck of it ... shoot ghosts in the month of the ghost :)

It's is also easier to stage during this time. Just last night, I saw some merchants down the road from where I live all buring whatever they are buring by the road, just imagine, our 倩女 and 幽魂 could be gliding down the road, damn good atmosphere and image. So, let's get rolling.
Well thanks for accomodating newbies. I'll seek guidance on that day then.

Talking abt ghost, it's almost lunch now and I'm one 'hungry' ghost. :)

I was thinking, can we 'borrow' the stage of those 7th month auction dinner for the shoot after they leave? Think it'll be good?
 

ivantay

New Member
Dec 8, 2004
161
0
0
#13
List of interested
1) ivantay
2) matthewgjs
3) Deadpoet
4)
 

ivantay

New Member
Dec 8, 2004
161
0
0
#14
zaxh81 said:
yeah,some can volunteer to burn incense by the road side.

can try go chinatown ask those granny for TFCD.

I think the granny may not like it ......
 

benedium

New Member
Jun 19, 2004
1,204
0
0
www.photo.net
#16
I'd like to be involved too, if possible.
Thanks!

List of interested
1) ivantay
2) matthewgjs
3) Deadpoet
4) philliptan
5) benedium
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#17
I think we should put a max of 6 photographers. Too many, too difficult to shoot, and too many ideas. So, one more photog.

I have someone willing to be the 倩女 or 幽魂. Very good and very versatile model. Need good MUA.

Btw, we should meet to discuss this shoot. Some time next week? PM me to get me your contacts.
 

sk.images

New Member
Dec 9, 2005
1,244
0
0
www.pbase.com
#18
Ok, you've got my curiosity piqued, I'm in.

1) ivantay
2) matthewgjs
3) Deadpoet
4) philliptan
5) benedium
6) cyber_m0nkey
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom