7artisans lenses and where to get them

zephyrghost

Jul 14, 2015
Singapore
Hi there,

Anyone tried the lenses from 7artisans? I heard the centre crops are great but corner crops are slightly blur; but then again, if the overall shot is great, it doesn't really bother me.

Any photography shops in Singapore that sell them?

Most of them meant for Fuji don't ship to Singapore.

Thoughts?

~Cheers

Hi there,

Anyone tried the lenses from 7artisans? I heard the centre crops are great but corner crops are slightly blur; but then again, if the overall shot is great, it doesn't really bother me.

Any photography shops in Singapore that sell them?

Most of them meant for Fuji don't ship to Singapore.

Thoughts?

~Cheers

They have website,see Aliexpress. Prices are cheap but all lenses are manual.Not many lenses
are sharp at the corners so what's new? Compare price of Canon 85mm F1.2 autofocus and IS.
The 50mm F1.1 is worth trying if you are M43 user which goes head to head with canon 85mm.
A poor man's alternative.;) Although one of the review shows test pics from film camera you have to see those that are used on digital.Since japan's camera companies manufacture in china the chinese have in turn learn from them knowhow and used the same production machines.Sure it costs money for R&D but don't thumb nose at these lenses the japs started the same way copying the germans.

EDIT: A 50mm F1.1 review by a chinese: Again test pics are from film camera.No less from a Leica.
At F1.1 it's soft even at center but very usable at F2.8 center and corner.
So still a good buy but do note it has provision for adjustment of focus by adjusting a screw after shooting provided test chart (at least there is a remedy if production quality is not to your liking):). Aperture ring has been declicked for video (wonder if 7artisans will have the clicked version in future as review sample is prototyye).Note also aperture blades are round meaning many blades like canon 85mm f1.2 autofocus+ IS so bokeh is on par?...Hehe. Also lens construction is based on a Zeiss sonnar type configuration which is well known.

http://www.photobyrichard.com/reviewbyrichard/7artisans-50mm-f1-1-m-mount-lens-review/

Last edited:
Interesting ... thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk