$700 Dream come True "budget PC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaam

Aug 29, 2004
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
lolz had to be corny to steal sean's title..

am thinking of building a new PC setting 31st may as buy date (Lolz PC show mah)
any one also doing the same? wanna share research?
spotted this bundle at SL sq

AMD x2 4600 $768
nvidia k8 Motherboard. (disappointed with this tho.. now k9 is out)
1gb pc-4200 533mhz ddr2 ram
NV GF 7600 + $68 (upgrade from 7300)
160gb Hdd
all in 1 card reader
18x dvd drive
atx tower with 450w PSU
80mm cooling fan, kb, mouse,spks

dual core 64bit of image processing power!!

1gb of ram is a little low leh..

1gb is enough lah, for most things at least.

not a fan of amd chipsets
might be a little noisy with such a fan

you choke your dual core with only 1 channel of ram. get another sick of 1GB lah..

I'm thinking building a PC on a <$700 budget, I've got LCD, DVD drive and most of my stuff already. So I only need a CPU, M/B, ram, HD, PSU, case and I'm good to go. That's about everything a new system needs.. :bsmilie:

you choke your dual core with only 1 channel of ram. get another sick of 1GB lah..

I'm thinking building a PC on a <$700 budget, I've got LCD, DVD drive and most of my stuff already. So I only need a CPU, M/B, ram, HD, PSU, case and I'm good to go. That's about everything a new system needs.. :bsmilie:

i want to buy a pc too , any lobang ? but i want a stable pc with nt bad graphics card, i dun want those problematic pc

i want to buy a pc too , any lobang ? but i want a stable pc with nt bad graphics card, i dun want those problematic pc

maybe you can consider a 2nd hand Mac:bsmilie:

My system tenatively
AMD 3600+
Biostar TA690 bundle 245
2x1GB ram $126
320GB HD $133
big and silent heatsink w/fans $100+ (currently looking at Thermaltake Ultra 120 Extreme)

total ~$604

Status
Not open for further replies.