70-200VR - to sell or not to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Been contemplating whether or not I should sell off this lens for the last couple of months. I hardly have time to shoot these days, and the lens is just sitting in the dry cabinet unused. What is the going price for this lens on the 2nd hand market these days? :think:

TMC said:
2.5k onwards the last time I saw.

Thx for the quick reply... hmmmm, in that case quite tempting leh, don't lose all that much. Its an EXCELLENT lens, but I guess however good it is, its useless sitting in my dry cabinet :bsmilie:

Gymrat76 said:
Thx for the quick reply... hmmmm, in that case quite tempting leh, don't lose all that much. Its an EXCELLENT lens, but I guess however good it is, its useless sitting in my dry cabinet :bsmilie:
Well if you need it next time at least you have it, why sell just because no time to shoot, unless you're stopping shooting altogether, else just keep it.

If not, pass it to me, I utilize it for you lor ;)

Gymrat76 said:
Been contemplating whether or not I should sell off this lens for the last couple of months. I hardly have time to shoot these days, and the lens is just sitting in the dry cabinet unused. What is the going price for this lens on the 2nd hand market these days? :think:

hey im very very interested in this lens, however im a student and therefore dont have 2500 to spend on a lens, if you want to sell then i currently have about 1700 saved for a lens, but could probably get 2000-2200 but dunno. Or if your not sure you want to sell why not rent it out long term?

espn said:
Well if you need it next time at least you have it, why sell just because no time to shoot, unless you're stopping shooting altogether, else just keep it.

If not, pass it to me, I utilize it for you lor ;)

kakak, think i won't be shooting much with it liao... these days the only uses I get with my camera are the occassional functions or friend's wedding.. no time for outdoor photography or portraiture shoots.. :(

Must think again about whether I wanna sell it before the value drops further ;p

This is one of Nikon's flagship lenses...I seriously doubt its value will drop that much...

wildstallion said:
hey im very very interested in this lens, however im a student and therefore dont have 2500 to spend on a lens, if you want to sell then i currently have about 1700 saved for a lens, but could probably get 2000-2200 but dunno. Or if your not sure you want to sell why not rent it out long term?

Hi wildstallion,

Sorry, am looking for something in the region of 2.5k or more. As for rental, well, I don't wanna do that cause when things are rented out, they don't usually come back in quite the same state they were rented out in the first place. But like I said, I haven't decided, but good luck all the same on your search dude. :)

danster said:
This is one of Nikon's flagship lenses...I seriously doubt its value will drop that much...

Heh, well thats good to hear :cool:

unless you are sure that you need the 70-200VR, I would recommend getting the Sigma or the AFD.

TMC said:
unless you are sure that you need the 70-200VR, I would recommend getting the Sigma or the AFD.

thats what i thought, but do a alot of concert shooting, the vr would allow for shooting 3 stops lower which would help. Also as has been said it one of Nikon's flagship lenses and for just 1000 more can get a good second hand one, its probably worth waiting for.

Gymrat76 said:
kakak, think i won't be shooting much with it liao... these days the only uses I get with my camera are the occassional functions or friend's wedding.. no time for outdoor photography or portraiture shoots.. :(

Must think again about whether I wanna sell it before the value drops further ;p

from what i know...kakak in malay refers to elder sister, i wonder who are you referring to :bsmilie:

no time to use doesn't mean u dun need to use. just keep in dry box is OK ...

sigg said:
from what i know...kakak in malay refers to elder sister, i wonder who are you referring to :bsmilie:

hahah, sorry think my k and h got mixed up :bsmilie:

Paul_Yeo said:
no time to use doesn't mean u dun need to use. just keep in dry box is OK ...

Keep dry box long term can also get fungus leh if not used..

sell it and get the non VR version, or 3rd party version
still have a lens if you need one and $1K in the pocket

ortega said:
sell it and get the non VR version, or 3rd party version
still have a lens if you need one and $1K in the pocket
Like I said... I help him use lor... :D

ortega said:
you are going to gaffer it to your sister's P&S?
Nah.. not my len I don't gaffer, maybe I hold it long enough and he forgets all about it and it becomes mine? :D

espn said:
Nah.. not my len I don't gaffer, maybe I hold it long enough and he forgets all about it and it becomes mine? :D
but your dry cabi is already full of batts
mine still have space you know ... :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.