70-200mm VR II comparision in performance

dmjunkie

Feb 6, 2010
Hi,

I am in the midst of migrating to Nikon. Made some studies on this popular trinity lens 70-200 VR I and VR II.

Somehow I am not sure how is the performance as compared with Canon 70-200mm F2.8L Mark II ? I managed to find the comparison for VRII and MKI.

Anyone tried comparing them? Thanks

Hi,

I am in the midst of migrating to Nikon. Made some studies on this popular trinity lens 70-200 VR I and VR II.

Somehow I am not sure how is the performance as compared with Canon 70-200mm F2.8L Mark II ? I managed to find the comparison for VRII and MKI.

Anyone tried comparing them? Thanks

ur qs can only be answered from pros with both system. even the reviews u can find in the internet can be biased. anyway both the canon and nikon's are almost equally good.

Wow, what I have heard and witnessed on the IQ for 70-200mm MK II is very good paired with a full frame body. Also seen pairing of D90 with 70-200mm VRII.

I cannot really tell the difference. I have only seen one review in the web by some novice I suppose who uses a 5D MKII canon for both the 24-70mm F2.8 of both brands. Seems to be Nikon gave a better performance.

Will be interesting to see a comparision though...haha....let the race carry-on...

I only had experience with the 70200 nonIS on a 5D, and a 70200 VR1 on D700.
I would say both are very competent lenses.

the body you are using plays a big part as well, so you can't just go and compare the 70200 2.8 MKII vs the 70200 2.8 VRII.

you won't go wrong with either lenses anyway.

From what I gathered on the net so far, the VRI is still decent for DX and gets better by the day with price-drops. VRII reduces the vignetting issue so FX users would benefit more (on top of VR improvement).