70-200 F4 or 70-200 F2.8 VR1 or TAMRON or Sigma on D700

Lifes80

Jun 24, 2010
Hg
A little favor to ask Nikon bro & sis.

Which one do you guys prefer? I'm doing compare on F4 and F2.8 VR1. Both almost same price in the Buy/Sell Classifieds. So not sure which is good other than the F stop.

I got friends told me to try Tamron. Isit good too??

Please share your experience with me. Thanks.

;)

@ TS:

IMHO for Bros on CS to assist you, it would be good for us to understand if you need the f/2.8 or if f/2.8 is very important to you.

Reason being, the 70-200 f/4 VR III is a very good lens but its however with a max aperture of f/4. Its performance is even touted to be better than the f/2.8 VR II at f/4 by acclaimed reviewers across the world. I don't own the 70-200mm f/4 VR III but I do own the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II. So if the performance is indeed better and you don't need the f/2.8, then the f/4 VR III would be better.

A little favor to ask Nikon bro & sis.

Which one do you guys prefer? I'm doing compare on F4 and F2.8 VR1. Both almost same price in the Buy/Sell Classifieds. So not sure which is good other than the F stop.

I got friends told me to try Tamron. Isit good too??

Please share your experience with me. Thanks.

;)

I as a casual shooter don't really need the 2.8 whereas weight is the more impt factor, thus end us getting a f4.

Actually I also have the same question as TS, except it's between Nikkor 70-200 f/4 and Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 VC USD on a Nikon D600. Is the Nikkor 70-200 f/4 better in image quality and sharpness compared to the Tamron to justify its price (more than twice the price of the Tamron). If I get the Tamron, do I sacrifice overall IQ just for that extra reach from 200mm to 300mm?

for me, f2.8 lens can go to f4 but a f4 lens cant go f2.8, so if weight is not a problem just get a 2.8 (IMO).

after that you will need to do some hw

@ TS:

IMHO for Bros on CS to assist you, it would be good for us to understand if you need the f/2.8 or if f/2.8 is very important to you.

Reason being, the 70-200 f/4 VR III is a very good lens but its however with a max aperture of f/4. Its performance is even touted to be better than the f/2.8 VR II at f/4 by acclaimed reviewers across the world. I don't own the 70-200mm f/4 VR III but I do own the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II. So if the performance is indeed better and you don't need the f/2.8, then the f/4 VR III would be better.

Mostly i will shoot for weddings and normal casual shoot. So was thinking really a f2.8 in ballroom will be better if the ISO of my d700 is getting CMI