7 more days to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Puffy
Err are the contents of the 2 versions the same ?

probably the childrens' version will be less vulgar/violent

for example:

[Adult Version]
Harry: Die, you evil scum!!! Avada Kedavra!!!

[Children's Version]
Harry: You baddie... Yuckus lollipopus!!!

Keke, think I prefer the adult version anytime :)

Originally posted by munfai

for example:

[Adult Version]

[Children's Version]

:bsmilie: either way, I don't think both will be printed in books.
Harry will not use the Killing Curse, and I don't think J.K. will censor the book until like that...

:bsmilie:

Originally posted by munfai

for example:

[Adult Version]

[Children's Version]

hey munfai r u sure abt the difference between adult and chidlren version ???? now then i know ... coz i always thought tat only the covers make the difference ...

by the way is that means the author wrote the story twice ??? :dunno:

Originally posted by West_ray
hey munfai r u sure abt the difference between adult and chidlren version ???? now then i know ... coz i always thought tat only the covers make the difference ...

by the way is that means the author wrote the story twice ??? :dunno:

i'm just kidding!!!

:vhappy:

Wah, how come "the smily" that I've attached on another thread has been popping up everywhere :D

Btw, just went over to collect my pre-ordered book @ borders.. hmm.. chose the scholastic version.. $32.95... can't wait to read it!! and oh they have loads of the "kids" version too.. so not to worry if u still haven't gotten yours..
blobflower.gif
pclapping.gif

Originally posted by charvy
Wah, how come "the smily" that I've attached on another thread has been popping up everywhere :D

Btw, just went over to collect my pre-ordered book @ borders.. hmm.. chose the scholastic version.. $32.95... can't wait to read it!! and oh they have loads of the "kids" version too.. so not to worry if u still haven't gotten yours..
blobflower.gif
pclapping.gif

Huh? Now they have the Scholastic version :eek: I thot that no retailers are allowed to bring it in?

Quote -

Thank you for your query.

We apologise that we are unable to sell the Scholastic Edition of Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix, as there is a trade embargo on this version.

Acmabooks only carries the Bloomsbury UK versions of the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Bloomsbury reserves the territorial rights to sell to Commonwealth countries. The other version, Scholastic, is from US. Due to the territorial rights agreement, it is illegal for any retailer to carry the Scholastic version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. As such, it is not possible to order any Scholastic versions with Acmabooks or any other book retailers.

We will keep our customers informed if the Scholastic version can be released for sale in Singapore.

Cheers,
The Acmabooks Team

- Unquote

Hmm, its stated on the book cover itself - scholastic (Arthur A. Levine books). printed in the usa .. 1st american edition, july 2003 - on the insides

borders having a 20% discount on the book.. so i paid $32.95 for it..

Originally posted by cyrilng
Huh? Now they have the Scholastic version :eek: I thot that no retailers are allowed to bring it in?

- Unquote

Originally posted by charvy
Hmm, its stated on the book cover itself - scholastic (Arthur A. Levine books). printed in the usa .. 1st american edition, july 2003 - on the insides

borders having a 20% discount on the book.. so i paid $32.95 for it..

Is it a blue hard or soft cover like this?
043935806X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Damn, then if I'd known I needn't have ordered mine from amazon at around S$50 incl. shipping.

Ehh.. the below image is the soft paper cover protecting the hardcover back..

Originally posted by cyrilng
Is it a blue hard or soft cover like this?
043935806X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Damn, then if I'd known I needn't have ordered mine from amazon at around S$50 incl. shipping.

well...didn't know you guys like HP too..

anyway, I got my scholastic box set book 1 to 4 last time..got it at a steal of $50 from borders..so I know die die I must buy back scholastic..and voila..border bought in the book again ! :)

but this time hard cover...but nevermind!

Originally posted by West_ray
hey is there sale of the whole set ?? book 1 to 4 in a bundle ??? might interested if the price is gd ...

yup...but softcover...was selling at kino $69 i think...borders was selling for $49 during Jan...

not sure about now..

Originally posted by isomers007
i tink for those not so into hP, can wait a while and buy the set...prices will drop, i hope. :cheergal:

definately...but the qn is..how long must you wait ?

Originally posted by ekardo
well...didn't know you guys like HP too..

anyway, I got my scholastic box set book 1 to 4 last time..got it at a steal of $50 from borders..so I know die die I must buy back scholastic..and voila..border bought in the book again ! :)

but this time hard cover...but nevermind!

:what: :confused: :( :rolleyes:

Early you all don't say...

Status
Not open for further replies.