Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
Damn... at this time of the morning??
Just got a CNA SMS..

"Thailand issues tsunami warning as earthquake of 7.2 magnitude hits Nicobar islands"

AReality said:
This type occurs on average more than once per month.

it's only slightly more than once in a month. infact 13 recorded in 2004. serious or not depends more on how, when and where it strikes.

hey bro, i hope you wouldn't dismiss earthquakes as "OK lah", it's not your massage chair. people die.

AReality said:
7.2?
ok lah, not that big.
It may occur almost every month, but depending on where it hits ... and how it shifts the plates.... a mag 7 earth quake may not do much damage.. or it may do a lot of damage if it shifts the plates the wrong way at the wrong place...

As djork mentioned.. people die...

willyfoo said:
Damn... at this time of the morning??
Just got a CNA SMS..

"Thailand issues tsunami warning as earthquake of 7.2 magnitude hits Nicobar islands"

The country already got enough problem here come again..:faint:

willyfoo said:
It may occur almost every month, but depending on where it hits ... and how it shifts the plates.... a mag 7 earth quake may not do much damage.. or it may do a lot of damage if it shifts the plates the wrong way at the wrong place...

As djork mentioned.. people die...
Looks like the danger of a tsunami is over...
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...76_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-QUAKE-INDIA-OFFICIAL-DC.XML

Earthquakes are just a part of nature. People do die, but we wouldn't have existed if there ain't earthquakes at all.

although a natural phenomenon, given the proximity to the region, even an earthquake of magnitude 5.0 will raise concerns amongst people here, most of us have friends and relatives in the region, it's only natural.

AReality said:
7.2?
ok lah, not that big.
Scale is logarithmic, so every step is a ten times the previous one.....this onemay seem small, but if it hit a right area it may trigger a Tsunami.

HS

AReality said:
7.2?
ok lah, not that big.

you can only say that so easily because you are so fortunate to stay in a place that is hardly affected by any natural disasters. be grateful and don't take things for granted, at least that is what i tell myself everyday when i wake up.

tao said:
you can only say that so easily because you are so fortunate to stay in a place that is hardly affected by any natural disasters. be grateful and don't take things for granted, at least that is what i tell myself everyday when i wake up.

well said,:thumbsup: but do you really tell yourself everyday when you wake up:sweatsm: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

amospi said:
well said,:thumbsup: but do you really tell yourself everyday when you wake up

yeah, it may sound weird to some but i do make the effort to. that does make me a much more positive and happier person. :bsmilie:

tao said:
yeah, it may sound weird to some but i do make the effort to. that does make me a much more positive and happier person.

wow..:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: this is eye opening..must try to practice this too:sweatsm: :sweat:

every morning i remind myself there's 5 more minutes.

tao said:
yeah, it may sound weird to some but i do make the effort to. that does make me a much more positive and happier person. :bsmilie:
Yes, that's the point. I can live happier knowing that there are people out there who are worse off than me. If everyone else is just as fortunate as me, then I'll have to reconsider my position; am I really that "fortunate" to be on same level as everyone else?

& of course, those earning golden peanuts will be laughing at me too... I can live with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.