Status
Not open for further replies.

XanderMan

Jun 28, 2005
Hi,

Anyone here owns a 7-14mm ZD lens?

Dont think I saw any shops carry it..

this lens is goona cost you.. i think around 2600++

So far Cathay Photo have quoted me a price and they claim to have it. Olympus studio also refered me to them.

I also did get quotes from Alan Photo, their neightbour at Funan, John 3:16.

They all gave me about 1 week waiting time. So my guess is they will have to order it in.

i would love to buy the 7-14mm.. :bsmilie:

but the lens is ex.... :dunno:

XanderMan said:
So far Cathay Photo have quoted me a price and they claim to have it. Olympus studio also refered me to them.

I also did get quotes from Alan Photo, their neightbour at Funan, John 3:16.

They all gave me about 1 week waiting time. So my guess is they will have to order it in.

You will need to go up real close to shoot & there will be some distortion.

Image from last NDP preview, shoot 3 feet away without flash @ 10mm
candid%20army_resize.jpg

Any good reviews/articles on this lens?

and thanks for sharing the photo Chii !

btw, how much do you buy it for? :think:

I don't think it's expensive judging on its capability and quality. It's about the same price as other brand's trinity or 'L' lens.

A mini-review can be found here, but beware, it's very 'poisoning' !!
http://www.4-3system.com/?id=55

say123 said:
Any good reviews/articles on this lens?

and thanks for sharing the photo Chii !

btw, how much do you buy it for? :think:

The lens was on Loan :lovegrin:

Prehaps u would be able to try it @ this coming Commex @ suntec.

chii said:
The lens was on Loan :lovegrin:

Prehaps u would be able to try it @ this coming Commex @ suntec.

Hi Chii,

Can you lock the zoom at 7mm so it doesn't run?

BTW, when is Commex? Will there be any Olympus specials?

Comex is sep 1 to sep 4

check out here!
http://www.comexshow.com.sg/

yah man... wanted to try out that lens..
i saw Oly is listed as one of the participating companies...
maybe can get better deal at the fair! ;)
hope they showcase the 3 silver rings too!

and btw, the review is good.. !

XanderMan said:
Hi Chii,

Can you lock the zoom at 7mm so it doesn't run?

BTW, when is Commex? Will there be any Olympus specials?

Hiya,

there is no lock, but the feel on the zoom for the lens is positive.;)

Wah! So should I wait till Comex to buy my E-system?

Any buyers for 7-14mm?

Maybe we can do a collective bargain at one of the local stores. The best price I got so far is SG$2390.00. I am going to get this lens for sure. Body still undecided over the E-1 or E-300 :think:

XanderMan said:

Any buyers for 7-14mm?

Maybe we can do a collective bargain at one of the local stores. The best price I got so far is SG$2390.00. I am going to get this lens for sure. Body still undecided over the E-1 or E-300 :think:

Wait for the New E body. Rumor says it will be out before end of 05 or begining 06

chii said:
Wait for the New E body. Rumor says it will be out before end of 05 or begining 06

Hmm...:think: buy the 7-14mm and wait for the launch of the new body. :confused:

Then loan Lord Chii's E1 to shoot XMM. hehehe......:bsmilie:

:cheers:

chii said:

directly cut from the 4-3system website..

3 New Cameras In 2005-2006?
Adding to the news of a Panasonic DSLR being developed, I think it is very likely that we will see 2 new Olympus DSLR models next year.
After reporting a net loss of 11.8 billion yen (112 million dollars), reversing a profit of 33.6 billion yen the year before. It looks like Olympus is fighting back agressivly by releasing 2 Four Thirds DSLR this year, although it is not clear if "this year" means the calendar year or the fiscal year.
Speculation on dpreview.com forums tells us that this could be an updated E-1 and the high-end E-3, or updated E-300.
In summer 2006, Four Thirds could have 4 cameras available.
Update:
According to forbes.com, Olympus will release 2 high-end cameras this financial year, which mean before April 1st. I'm guessing an updated E-1, and the much-awaited E-3.

E3? i am guessing it would be 12 MP...:devil:

to me, it is amazing that the 7-14mm ZD has hardly any barrel distortion. think it is the best superwide lens available anywhere for digital cameras.

XanderMan said:

Any buyers for 7-14mm?

i think you should wait until COMEX to see if there are better bargains.. uauslly i guess its free memory cards. but in the meantime still continue to check out for better prices at local stalls.. so you can compare when comex comes.

btw, how much cheaper do you think you can get.. if say there are like 5 takers? :think: $2000? :devil:

tao said:
to me, it is amazing that the 7-14mm ZD has hardly any barrel distortion. think it is the best superwide lens available anywhere for digital cameras.

the review author also mentioned that there is virtually NO vignetting.. and minimal flare..
but he commented that this lens are more towards interiors and special effects professionals..

but who cares about the last comment.. ;)

I think they are 2 very possible dates for the release of any new Oly dslr body. They will either target for Christmas sales or PMA 2006 Feb.

Based on this, the wait is too long. Cannot wait till the E-3 or whatever it is called is released.

How??? E-1 or E-300???

Status
Not open for further replies.