6D or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekidouuts

Sep 15, 2014
Singapore
Should i wait for 6DMK2 or go with the current 6D that is on promotion at Canon?

As far as I know, at the moment there's no rumor regarding 6D mk2.

You can wait - 6D mk2 will come eventually. But how long do you want to wait?

Should i wait for 6DMK2 or go with the current 6D that is on promotion at Canon?
What does the 6D2 offer that the 6D does not have and that you urgently need?

Depends on what you have now.

If you are looking to switch to a budget canon full frame which is light and comes with wifi and works great in low light (even though that's pretty much restricted to the centre af point) and at the same time not requiring a very responsive autofocus system, then go for it.

Be prepared to wait for a really long while if you are after this fabled Canon 6D Mark II. I haven't heard of any rumors about it yet, and even if rumors appear today, I'm guessing it would be at least a 6 months wait before you can get your hands on one.

If you need it now, you will buy it now. If you don't, most likely either model also doesn't matter, be it 6D mk[insert number]

if u wait, then a few months or 1 year later I'll u see asking :

Should i wait for 6DMK3 or go with the current 6DMK2 that is on promotion at Canon?

If u need it now, U'll buy it. New models will always come or else how do the companies survive??

The 6D only has been in the market for ~2 years (announced in Sep 2012 and released in Nov 2012). I think its safe to say that we won't be seeing a replacement for at least another year.

based on what I know from an inside engineer source at canon, 6D mark 2 will give u higher megapixels, higher fps, better AF system with many more AF points, faster AF, better video recording quality and control, not forgetting that its going to have a more solid full magnesium body, with dual CF + SD cards slots so that even if u are coming from 6D, ur SD carda can still be used.

and the best thing is, "please keep this a secret as my canon engineer frend wants me to keep it a secret and not leak to the market", the 6D mark 2 is already out in the market with a name called 5D mark 3!!!!!

and furthermore, 6D mark 3 is also out in the market!!!!! full frame with up to 14FPS, integrated vertical grip, fastest AF and Most sophisticated AF in the world, super big viewfinder! it's actually out in the market hidden under the name 1DX..

Last edited:
Judging by Canon's recent strategy, I predict that the 6D2 will have

-one main improvement (7D to 7D2)
-removed AF microadjustment (to be added back in 6D3 - this was what they did from 50D to 60D to 70D)
-lousier build quality (from 50D to 60D)
-smaller d-pad with worse feedback (observed from 60D to 70D)

I'd say go for the 6D, or wait for the 6D3 if you're patient.

based on what I know from an inside engineer source at canon, 6D mark 2 will give u higher megapixels, higher fps, better AF system with many more AF points, faster AF, better video recording quality and control, not forgetting that its going to have a more solid full magnesium body, with dual CF + SD cards slots so that even if u are coming from 6D, ur SD carda can still be used. and the best thing is, "please keep this a secret as my canon engineer frend wants me to keep it a secret and not leak to the market", the 6D mark 2 is already out in the market with a name called 5D mark 3!!!!! and furthermore, 6D mark 3 is also out in the market!!!!! full frame with up to 14FPS, integrated vertical grip, fastest AF and Most sophisticated AF in the world, super big viewfinder! it's actually out in the market hidden under the name 1DX..

Hohoho. Nice one!

better remember dat even if there's rumours, it mite not b as fast, still remember the rumour for 7D ll was even earlier den the launch of the 6D, so mite as well get a 2nd hand 6D or Sony A7 as they are going at a really low price den u start to wait

Last edited:
Jokes aside, if you have things that you want/need to shoot now, just get the camera. Dont bother about the future versions as you will never be able to keep up.

Buy one now, shoot what u need/want, and if u see another tempting new camera in future, sell away ur camera and buy the new one.

Most importantly is that: you managed to capture the image that you want/need.

looks like i will take the plunge to go 6D....not impressed with the performance on my 1100D

based on what I know from an inside engineer source at canon, 6D mark 2 will give u higher megapixels, higher fps, better AF system with many more AF points, faster AF, better video recording quality and control, not forgetting that its going to have a more solid full magnesium body, with dual CF + SD cards slots so that even if u are coming from 6D, ur SD carda can still be used.

and the best thing is, "please keep this a secret as my canon engineer frend wants me to keep it a secret and not leak to the market", the 6D mark 2 is already out in the market with a name called 5D mark 3!!!!!

and furthermore, 6D mark 3 is also out in the market!!!!! full frame with up to 14FPS, integrated vertical grip, fastest AF and Most sophisticated AF in the world, super big viewfinder! it's actually out in the market hidden under the name 1DX..
hahaha

looks like i will take the plunge to go 6D....not impressed with the performance on my 1100D

Depending on what you are not impressed with, getting a new camera might not even make much diff.

Can you share more details or even pictures? We have had many of such statements here. Upon closer inspection mostly it turns out that the problem is behind the viewfinder (skills, knowledge, understanding, expectations) and even lower end cameras can do the job, technically.

Status
Not open for further replies.