66660 millionaires in singapore!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
har? :eek: i tot they should at least b worth their paycheck. looks like we need to DIY? :bsmilie:

Hahaha,

Hong Kong has Lower GST(0%)+ Lower tax rates = Lower Salaries for the Top men ----1

Singapore Higher GST(7%) + Higher Tax rates = Higher Salaries for the Top men -----2

Can you slove the two equations?:bsmilie:

You've got IR, Sport Hub, Formula F1, retirement at 65, wage up at 4.5% etc.

Still want to complain? :)

I do not want to complain.... but I have no use for hub, F1, retire at 65... and wages up is not including mine....

I just want a reasonable life in SG where people do not have to worry so much about food and housing.....

Reasonable is not paying 30 yrs for a pigeon hole... thank you....
Not waiting for 25-30mins for 1 damn bus... and paying more for slower service....
not paying GST for basic item like food, and etc.....

Don't forget we can print more money to supply them. :)

Question is "Do you" ?

More money you print, less value the money has and more and more expensive is the product. Problem is that Singapore is not alone, it has to not print money more and faster than other countries, or Singaporeans can not buy anything coming from oversea.

For a good economy, there must be rich AND poor people. There is no economy if everybody's rich because this is a relative value, you are rich because other people are poor.

Think a little bit about what is money, you'll see it's not as simple as you believe. There are a lot of bad effects because of money, one of them is that more Singaporeans are getting poorer and poorer and at the opposite, more and more Singaporean are becoming richer and richer.

So some Singaporeans are becoming poorer as the global amount of money for all Singaporeans is not so much more and more.

as said the rich will get richer, poor get poorer? :think: Might not be dun think people wana get poorer n poorer.......i belive they will be smart enough not to be poorer......

As the saying goes "One got to change the environment to suit oneself if not change oneself to suit the environment." ;)

as said the rich will get richer, poor get poorer? :think: Might not be dun think people wana get poorer n poorer.......i belive they will be smart enough not to be poorer......

As the saying goes "One got to change the environment to suit oneself if not change oneself to suit the environment." ;)

This is absolutly mathematic, if some people have more and more money, other people have less and less money (unless gvt prints a lot of new money, but we know it's not the case in Singapore).

This is absolutly mathematic, if some people have more and more money, other people have less and less money (unless gvt prints a lot of new money, but we know it's not the case in Singapore).

All we have to do is to keep on enlarging the Singapore economy and make rich people richer and poor people less poorer. :)

All we have to do is to keep on enlarging the Singapore economy and make rich people richer and poor people less poorer. :)

:heart: I am loving it :heart: from 66.6%

Some companies are not doing so well.. :cry:

I need to find job liao :cry:

Hahaha,

Hong Kong has Lower GST(0%)+ Lower tax rates = Lower Salaries for the Top men ----1

Singapore Higher GST(7%) + Higher Tax rates = Higher Salaries for the Top men -----2

Can you slove the two equations?:bsmilie:

ah, ttz a billion $$ question! i oni worth a few dollars ler... :sticktong

like blowing balloon so easy meh? :sticktong

I think having more millionaires is good.

Dun tell me u all want lesser millionaires here?
More millionaires != More philanthropists

Well, regardless, I'm saving my moola. Waiting for the big crash and den bring out the popcorn. *yummy* :devil:

I was thinkin, while we may have more millionaires now, but how about the ratio of millionaires vs the total population? As population increase, we should expect to see the number of rich people increase, but the ratio may remain the same.

I was thinkin, while we may have more millionaires now, but how about the ratio of millionaires vs the total population? As population increase, we should expect to see the number of rich people increase, but the ratio may remain the same.

who really cares abt d ratio, as long as u r 1 of d millionaires can liao. :devil:

No need to blow balloon one.

All you need to do is make sure you've got a job, work hard, save hard and buy a lot of lotteries. :bsmilie:

i dun hav a job & i dun buy lotteries. buying land in sg betta. :lovegrin:

I believe the issue is the rich become richer as compared to the middle class people where these lots of middle class people is been squeezed and most probably their income remain unchanged or grow at a slower rate as compared to the well to do lots.
It is always a challenge for any governments to distribute the well more evenly.

What worrying is, our pay might not be able to catch up with the high property growth, inflation, etc. It is sad that the whole world is moving in this direction.

By Yvonne Cheong, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 04 July 2007 1443 hrs

Assets managed by fund managers based in Singapore grew by 24 per cent to S$891 billion last year.

Giving this update on Wednesday, Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong also said total assets under management have grown robustly over the last six years.

He added that the sources of funds have diversified to include the Middle East, which has become 'increasingly important', along with South Asia.

Mr Goh, who is also the Chairman of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), was speaking at the the Nomura Asia Equity Forum.

Funds from the Middle East grew 21 per cent year-on-year, and the figure is 36 per cent for South Asia, according to the 2006 Asset Management Survey conducted by MAS.

57 per cent of the total assets managed in Singapore was invested in Asia.

Singapore has in recent years attracted global asset managers, hedge funds and private banks to set up their headquarters here, including Standard Chartered who set up their global private banking headquarters here in May. - CNA/ch

Status
Not open for further replies.