6500k light source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Hello,

is there anywhere in singapore that sells a light source that is very close to 6500k? If so how much? I need it to calibrate my colorimeter.

What colorimeter are you using?

spyder2pro.

Actually I am thinking of using it to calibrate my projector but I want to know how accurate it is first.

wind30 said:
Hello,

is there anywhere in singapore that sells a light source that is very close to 6500k? If so how much? I need it to calibrate my colorimeter.

get those 'cool daylight' flourescent tube = twisted type...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
those are just 5500k i think... 6500k is close to blue already.

No! it is stated 6500K (BTW this is not near to blue yet). I understand (was told) Osram has one with 5500K, but I could not find, I think 5500K is more difficult to find, let me know if found one. I want to try.

I am experimenting with Philips Tornado Cool Daylight - packaged with Green box. Go check in any shop selling lighting.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
those are just 5500k i think... 6500k is close to blue already.

No! it is stated 6500K (BTW this is not near to blue yet). I understand (was told) Osram has one with 5500K, but I could not find, I think 5500K is more difficult to find, let me know if found one. I want to try.

I am experimenting with Philips Tornado Cool Daylight - packaged with Green box. Go check in any shop selling lighting.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i'm saying, 6500k is bluer, 5500k is whiter... lower than that, is more yellowish...

Hmm.... you have read but haven't tried... nvm

I think florescent lighting is not consistent right?

Is there a place is Singapore that sells special lighting or lightbox used to view photos, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.