60D upgrade path to 7D

ok...thanz for the kind & realistic viewpoint...appreciate it.Cheers!

go for FF lo... 60D is a good camera

i am still happy with my 600D
i am also thinking of getting 1 body too... :X
cos my gf want to the DSLR... now we are sharing... after i added on 17-55, she is not interested in the camera due to weight... haha

oh...ji thought so it was time for mi to do an upgrade now,thought i am only abt 9 months into the world of "dlsr"...So right i am in a dilemma as to which camera body i shd get now...:dunno:

with 9 months into photography.. the medium (camera) is not the limitation, its the user. How many good photos are base on the DOF, dynamic range..etc? can u really see the huge difference? or how the difference really going to affect ur photo? r u going to print it (large print) very often?

Technology keeps changing and improving. many just upgrade for the sake of doing it.

7D would be a more rounder camera (sports, portrait ,etc). Don't limit urself.

there is no such thing as "i've used a xxx camera for xxx months/years/decades" time for an upgrade.

in terms of photography skills, you might be shooting for donkey years, but if the results are the same as when you first bought the camera, then there's no improvement at all.

since TS, you've already sold off the camera, a wiser choice would be to get the 7D or 5DmkII. no point going back to the 60D right now. since your heart is set on "upgrade", going back to your previous camera will leave you dissatisfied.

Look into your 60D photos and ask yourself what can the new body (7D for e.g.) do difference for you. If you cannot even come up with a single reason, you should start asking why did you sell your 60D away....

Look into your 60D photos and ask yourself what can the new body (7D for e.g.) do difference for you. If you cannot even come up with a single reason, you should start asking why did you sell your 60D away....

LOL TS must have regretted (selling and having this thread).

lets not frighten him away. Marcus7 , 7D or 5D MKII will do just fine. just get one and start shooting (again).

Yea..since from the very start...your intention is an upgrade from 60D..and had already sold it off.. I say you should look forward and not backwards.. GO for the upgrade.. like many mentioned 7D or 5D.. 7D might be a better choice..assuming your lenses are EF-S.. Once you got the camera..start shooting again. Its alright..take it as a lesson learn. I believe you will enjoy your new gadget.

Let me help you a bit then.

7D gives you a better built body with faster FPS. Not too sure abt the AF points (or its crosstypes ones). It's a bit bigger and quite heavier than ur 60D. But it's not a big diff from the 60D in terms of other features (there are some, but I'm not very sure, apparently not a canon user :p)

5Dmk2 gives you the full frame goodness with a slight bump in terms of megapixel. Though its a bit slower in megapixel,It's quite an affordable full frame, good built camera. Much cheaper if you compare to the next tier. The down side is, you can no longer mount anymore EF-S lenses that you were using on your 60D (such as kit lens) and probably be starting to buy those red ring L lenses which can break the bank easily.

Every couple of weeks, there will be posts similar to this one. I wondered why didn't they do their homework first before selling or ? But well, since it's already sold, I guess it's too late for it.

personally, IMO, if you don't know the "value" of 60D or 7D, stick with either an entry body like 600D or get back your 60D. IIRC 60D shares the same sensor as 7D, so you probably won't gain much more in this aspect other than the weatherproof body and some other features.

And 8 months into it and time for a change? I believe many shooters out there are using cameras more than 5years or even older. Upgrading your skills will benefit you more in the looooong journey.

ya ur right,thanks!

i am also thinking of going 60d to 7D.. just bought a set 8 month back.. think after reading this thread have to think twice.. haha..

Good point getting a 7d is there have the AF micro adjustment so when u buy a third party lens u can calibrate the lens focus on ur own then goin to the agent to do it which u can save some cash n time.. Which for 60d there dont have this function.

So need not to worry buying grey set lens..

Correction me if I'm wrong... Just my 1cent..

Since you have sold off 60D no going back, get a 7D. Here are some of some advantages over the 60D. Significantly less shutter lag 131 ms vs 253 ms around 50% less delay when taking photos, More cross-type focus points 19 vs 9 helps to grab focus in difficult situations, continuous shooting 8 fps vs 5.3 fps more than 50% faster continuous shooting, better viewfinder coverage 100% vs 96% . The camera is a good solid camera. You won't regret it.

Marcus7 said:
oh no...i m confused.what other body(i m at a loss).Or shd i go back to the trusty 60D...Anyway i have only use this model for abt 9 mths...

How much u sell ur 60D body?

I bought a brand new 60D just now at Alan Photo Trading...:bsmilie:

I topped up a little & bought a brand new 60D at Alan Photo Trading just now...:blah:

Hahah shoot more! :D Share some photos with me! :D As in share with everyone else too. Enjoy your 60D... again..