60D upgrade path to 7D

Marcus7

Oct 10, 2011
Chinatown
Hi guys,I have just sold my 60D body yesterday & is now without any body...i am contemplating to switch to a 7D body.Can u guys suggest to a get a brand new set or just go to the B&S forum to get a used set.Any kind soul able to give any clear advice as to which model shd i upgrade to?My genre are more to portraits & landscape...Really nid some pointers.Happy New Year!

perhaps you want to tell us why you wanna sell your 60D?

oh...ji thought so it was time for mi to do an upgrade now,thought i am only abt 9 months into the world of "dlsr"...So right i am in a dilemma as to which camera body i shd get now...:dunno:

oh...ji thought so it was time for mi to do an upgrade now,thought i am only abt 9 months into the world of "dlsr"...So right i am in a dilemma as to which camera body i shd get now...:dunno:

What are the limitations you find in your 60D? If you don't find any limitations, then there is no need for you to change your camera body.

TS is just trying to change to a newer DSLR just because he thinks that its time to do so.

Just get one which ever you like o, or you feel that its an upgrade.

Oh.. So you just want to change a new body just for the sake of an upgrade.. If thats the case..then 7D is an upgrade from 60D..likewise for the other more expensive ones such as 5D..1D..

cheers.. Canon loves you to bits.

5D mk II

60D to 7D gives u no gain in portraits and landscape.

Neither camera will gain in portraits/landscape unless one needs to make very big prints. 60D is more than enough for any shoots imho.

The main advantage you will get from 7d over 60d is af system and higher burst speed.
If you don't shoot sports, birds, wildlife or fast action stuff, you should forget it and go for 5d mk2.

Neither camera will gain in portraits/landscape unless one needs to make very big prints. 60D is more than enough for any shoots imho.

ya 60D is excessively enough for TS, with only 8 mths of experiene.

also dont forget 5Dmk2's noise performance. Larger sensor for OOF effect for portraits. Larger dynamic range for landscape. all these got too good for TS.

happy new yr to TS. i wont come back and read this meanless thread again.

First of all... what do you find lacking in 60D? I mean, both 60D and 7D shared the same sensor, 7D had good weather seal body, is heavier and is faster, it also has some small little improvement, but 60D is no slacker too. 60D's movie mode is pretty good and on par or better than the 7D, its vari-LCD is incredible for many different type of shots.

If you sold your camera just because you think you want an upgrade... I think that is a very very wrong move... you must know what you really don't like about 60D or what it was limiting you before you know what to upgrade to. Because 7D is just like the 60D plus a few more capabilities.

ya 60D is excessively enough for TS, with only 8 mths of experiene.

also dont forget 5Dmk2's noise performance. Larger sensor for OOF effect for portraits. Larger dynamic range for landscape. all these got too good for TS.

happy new yr to TS. i wont come back and read this meanless thread again.

Sori my fren,i m still a noob here in CS...wen u say TS,wat do u mean?Thanks!

It's the end of yr bonus that he need to spend, or else next yr budgeting will get less money. Just go ahead and hoot a 5Dmk2. Won't go wrong. But all ur EF-S lens can also be post on BnS le.

Yes Sir! you are veri right...Well...I guessed i just thought of changing set;for the sake of changing,without doing proper homework...Anyway,I m still without a camera body & still trying to figure what my next move would be...Haiz...:kok:

Use the money you got from selling your 60D to buy some other body. Unless you really want to upgrade to 7D.

oh no...i m confused.what other body(i m at a loss).Or shd i go back to the trusty 60D...Anyway i have only use this model for abt 9 mths...

oh no...i m confused.what other body(i m at a loss).Or shd i go back to the trusty 60D...Anyway i have only use this model for abt 9 mths...

For your information, some photographers use their cameras for years, what's months to them? If you can get another 60D at the price you are offering, then that will be good. Otherwise, upgrade if you have the cash, if not then downgrade?

Just don't think too much. Before you make any decision next time, think and do some research on the model you are looking at and the current model that you have. And see what you are lacking in the model. Otherwise you will be wasting your money.

Cheers! Enjoy your weekends!