Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Dear All,

The First post here :)

I've been using my lovely 602z for over 2 years and still love it. Thinking of upgrading but don't know if 7000z is a good choice. Do you guys think it's worth it? Or just keep my 602z?

Anyone has used both before, care to comment?

Or maybe a KM A1 or A2? Any comment?

Cheers!

fengwei said:
Dear All,

The First post here :)

I've been using my lovely 602z for over 2 years and still love it. Thinking of upgrading but don't know if 7000z is a good choice. Do you guys think it's worth it? Or just keep my 602z?

Anyone has used both before, care to comment?

Or maybe a KM A1 or A2? Any comment?

Cheers!

S7K is a powerful camera, take shot up to 12M, When i bought my camera i don't know there is S7K, if not definitely i will choose S7K, well i'm not familiar 602z as i never see it before..why not choosing other brands? :)

Btw how much is S7K.

Keep the 602. The only 'upgrade' from the 602 would be DSLR, as many other ex-602 users here will tell you. I have just upped to the S2pro, but I am still keeping the 602 for specific uses.

The 7000 is just a newer model of the 602, not really an upgrade. Sure there are improvements, but essentially the same - same focusing, same lens and same body. The CCD is better, and the software is better, but given two years' technology, it better be!

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Used to use SLR camera, too troublesome lah, and the weight ... I like taking pictures but I'd prefer simplier ones like S602/S7000/A1/A2. But based on what I read so far, they are not so big improvement over S602z as far as pic quality is concerned. And I don't take any pic bigger than 3m pixel, S602z really serves well. The only two parts I like A1/A2 are the mechanical zoom which will be much faster and its 28 wide angle. But I'd miss the pic quality of S602z and the high capacity AA batteries I've got if I chose A1/A2.

Still hard to decide lah. Thanks anyway.

Cheers!

fengwei said:
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Used to use SLR camera, too troublesome lah, and the weight ... I like taking pictures but I'd prefer simplier ones like S602/S7000/A1/A2. But based on what I read so far, they are not so big improvement over S602z as far as pic quality is concerned. And I don't take any pic bigger than 3m pixel, S602z really serves well. The only two parts I like A1/A2 are the mechanical zoom which will be much faster and its 28 wide angle. But I'd miss the pic quality of S602z and the high capacity AA batteries I've got if I chose A1/A2.

Still hard to decide lah. Thanks anyway.

Cheers!

i think you should keep the s602.. its a great camera and still not obsoleted in anyway. but i agree that if you upgrade, the a1/a2 is a good choice with a good 28-200 lens, AS and tiltable viewfinder. doesnt the a1/a2 battery pack support AA batteries?

With a few clicks, you get almost 6MP shots on the S602. The WA adaptor for the S602 will make it 28mm, but does flare and not zoom-through (meaning only use together with 35mm setting).

Really, when you upgrade, go one step higher. Not from 323 to Sunny, go straight to the Mercedes! However, if the 602 dies on you, and you want a similar replacement, then the S7000 will be great, as a matter of fact, the S20pro may be better.

yowch said:
Keep the 602. The only 'upgrade' from the 602 would be DSLR, as many other ex-602 users here will tell you. I have just upped to the S2pro, but I am still keeping the 602 for specific uses.

The 7000 is just a newer model of the 602, not really an upgrade. Sure there are improvements, but essentially the same - same focusing, same lens and same body. The CCD is better, and the software is better, but given two years' technology, it better be!

I agree with yowch. The only path for S602z upgrade should be DSLR. However, if the weight really matters then go for other prosumer features which is not on S602z..eg Image Stabliser...A2 is indeed tempting, but from the reviews I read, slow Focusing and Proprietary batteries are indeed one big turn off. Seriously Speaking, I am a user of S602z too, would like to use IS feature too. But would prefer a fuji color too. Anyway, My serious upgrade path for me as a S602z would be either a IS prosumer with fuji color or Probably a S2/S3 pro.. :D

Just my take... ;)

tokrot said:
I agree with yowch. The only path for S602z upgrade should be DSLR. However, if the weight really matters then go for other prosumer features which is not on S602z..eg Image Stabliser...A2 is indeed tempting, but from the reviews I read, slow Focusing and Proprietary batteries are indeed one big turn off. Seriously Speaking, I am a user of S602z, would like to use IS feature too. But would prefer a fuji color too. Anyway, My serious upgrade path for me as a S602z would be either a IS prosumer with fuji color or Probably a S2/S3 pro.. :D

Just my take... ;)

Using a S602z too?

Yeah, I prefer AA batteries too. Now my 602z can take over 600 pics (LCD on all the time) with the high capacity 2300 batteries. A1/A2 can use battery pack but not so convenient I guess. But some of A1/A2's features are really tempting.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.