6 months China Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err, not sure leh.
Hoho... ya hor... big cities are ok... but ulu places, better be more cautious lor..

I never have any problem with those Big cities or ulu places, just like i have said, all these really depend on luck.

I Anyway, may I know is it advisable to leave my main bagpack in the budget hostel or hotel and carry a small bagpack with my camera and some cash to walk around?

I have no problem at all when i was there 1 years+

Is a D700 + 24-70 f2.8 flashy?
:bsmilie: no lor, you will be surprise to see the chinese carry their camera.....

Hi, actually I will be just taking train and bus. Don't think it is that expensive.

As for ATM wise, I thought you can't access the ATM in other places except for the place where you set up your account. For example, if you set up a bank account in beijing, you can't access the atm(even though same bank name, but different branch) in say Yunnan?

Pls correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Train and buses are ok, as for train they do have grades of seat one, it depend which one u want. Like if long journey one, they have different kind of sleeper bed too. It just which type u getting. Of cos the better one will be X la.

I use my POSB bank, where it a debit card and it allow me to withdraw money from there.

Yea. And if got stangers, even a waitress in restauarant, ask you where you are from, just anyhow give them a country besides Singapore. Bascially, you can don't answer them.

Most of me and my colleague's reply to them is, Africa...Simply Joke and Laugh it off.

But sales people in Shenzhen, Luo Hu are pretty smart. You open your mouth and talk only, immediately they can guess... Haha.

Then they prepare the size of the carrot chopper accordingly.

No leh, i am proud of who i am so i dun lie to people. :bsmilie: it nothing wrong one la, just be yourself. What for want to lie?

So that means I can set up an account in any place and use any ATM in the country? But any special charges?

Is it safe to bring credit card there? Sry got so many questions. Cos have not been to overseas since 2003.

IMO not safe to use other than 5 star hotels.
Before 6 months is up, your credit card don't know clone how many times liao.:sweat:
For China issued cards, most banks there will sms you when a charge is made, so that any fraudulent charges is detected fast.

Normally no extra charge for ATM, but best to check with the bank in question.

Before 6 months is up, your credit card don't know clone how many times liao.:sweat:
For China issued cards, most banks there will sms you when a charge is made, so that any fraudulent charges is detected fast.

Cash is better, just like CTN said. It not very advisable to do it.

Btw, 5 star hotels dun mean anything too, it just like you go branded Boutique to buy stuff that dun mean that the stuff will be REAL lor.

My China uncle told me that places in Xinjiang, Gansu, tibet and sichuan are very poor. He say bringing a professional camera will attract unnecessary attention.

I never have any problem with those Big cities or ulu places, just like i have said, all these really depend on luck.

You are really lucky. Did you travel alone or have few buddies? If you travel alone, did you have any friends there to bring you around? Cos really quite amazing to have a smooth sailing travel there.

So best is don't use the credit cards there? Use cash, not enough draw again? I supposed China issued cards are the ATM cards given by the bank when you open an account?

Last edited:
I have no problem at all when i was there 1 years+

:bsmilie: no lor, you will be surprise to see the chinese carry their camera.....

Train and buses are ok, as for train they do have grades of seat one, it depend which one u want. Like if long journey one, they have different kind of sleeper bed too. It just which type u getting. Of cos the better one will be X la.

I use my POSB bank, where it a debit card and it allow me to withdraw money from there.

No leh, i am proud of who i am so i dun lie to people. :bsmilie: it nothing wrong one la, just be yourself. What for want to lie?

It really amazes me that I can use a POSB debit card there. But the moment you use that card, they know you not malaysian:bsmilie:

I was thinking whether are there any local tour groups there? If yes, are they safe and reliable, cos I am trying to convince my parents and relatives to let me go tibet as their concern is that it is dangerous for me to travel alone to those places where not much civilisation exist there in their view.

If the tour group is reliable, at least I can tell them that there is someone travelling with me and guiding me for safety.

Anyway, did anyone have experience taking the 青藏铁路 from lhasa to Beijing? How is the high altitude sickness?

Thanks

My China uncle told me that places in Xinjiang, Gansu, tibet and sichuan are very poor. He say bringing a professional camera will attract unnecessary attention.

It;s good to listen more but if you just too worry about the trip, my advice to you that maybe you shd change other places? just HK?

And i believe that i do hear much more than you about their lifestyle there. If i said more, then u really go sentosa only.......

You are really lucky. Did you travel alone or have few buddies? If you travel alone, did you have any friends there to bring you around? Cos really quite amazing to have a smooth sailing travel there.

what so surprise about that? I do agree i am kind of lucky for my trip. Just like i said, just be youself and not all chinese are bad lor and nor they are robber!!! And i have make plenty of chinese friends there! Their hospitality is AWESOME lor.

Btw, shd not be a problem if you can speck chinese well and just go with an OPEN HEART.

So best is don't use the credit cards there? Use cash, not enough draw again?

Ya, i use the POSB card.

I was thinking whether are there any local tour groups there? If yes, are they safe and reliable, cos I am trying to convince my parents and relatives to let me go tibet as their concern is that it is dangerous for me to travel alone to those places where not much civilisation exist there in their view.

If the tour group is reliable, at least I can tell them that there is someone travelling with me and guiding me for safety.

Anyway, did anyone have experience taking the 青藏铁路 from lhasa to Beijing? How is the high altitude sickness?

Thanks

i think it better for you to google all these for your doubts. Lonely planet might good for you.;)

Forget to say thank you to those who have given me lots of valuable pointers so far. Really appreciate it:D

No worry ;)

Just let me know if you want to know more, but i am not good in typing. Tomoro i will be around city hall area. U can meet me there for kopi if you want.

And u want the lonely planet book for china?

No worry ;)

Just let me know if you want to know more, but i am not good in typing. Tomoro i will be around city hall area. U can meet me there for kopi if you want.

And u want the lonely planet book for china?

Not sure whether can meet you tomorrow cos need to accompany my China uncle. As for the book, I really want it. May I know do you mind PM me your HP?

Hello friends,
What are you searching for?
Shoes, jeans, clothes, handbags, purse, sunglasses or cap?
Which brand do you want?
Jordan, Air force one, Air Max,Adidas,Gucci,Dunk,James,Shox,Bapesta,Puma,Prad a,Evisu,Bape,
ED Hardy.Chanel, Coach, Choel, Dior, Fendi or others?
Welcome to www.nikeexpert.com
There are different kinds of products and different brands in this website. The merchandises are of good quality and at the lowest price. I really hope you can find something you need.
The lowest price is our characteristic, high quality is our foundation, good service is our duty. Totally, customer satisfaction is our mission. Our company insists that ‘Customer is god; Quality is first, price is reasonable’.
We sincerely hope that we can do business with you in the near future, and make progress together and create the prospect future!
More details please search www.nikeexpert.com
Or contact me nikeexpert88@msn.com
we really hope to do something for you ~ ~

Not sure whether can meet you tomorrow cos need to accompany my China uncle. As for the book, I really want it. May I know do you mind PM me your HP?

Pmed you, so u let me knw lor if u can meet then i can bring the book out if u sms me before i head out.

It;s good to listen more but if you just too worry about the trip, my advice to you that maybe you shd change other places? just HK?

And i believe that i do hear much more than you about their lifestyle there. If i said more, then u really go sentosa only.......

what so surprise about that? I do agree i am kind of lucky for my trip. Just like i said, just be youself and not all chinese are bad lor and nor they are robber!!! And i have make plenty of chinese friends there! Their hospitality is AWESOME lor.

Btw, shd not be a problem if you can speck chinese well and just go with an OPEN HEART.

Ya, i use the POSB card.

Actually I was not worried about the trip at all. But of course I will take caution. But it is my parents that are worried about I going alone for the trip as to them I am only 20 years old and quite young in their eyes.

As for being able to speak fluent chinese, it is not a problem for me.:)

Actually I was not worried about the trip at all. But of course I will take caution. But it is my parents that are worried about I going alone for the trip as to them I am only 20 years old and quite young in their eyes.

As for being able to speak fluent chinese, it is not a problem for me.:)

Maybe when we meet up then we chat more about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.