6 Moments Captured

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
Images look a bit pixelated...... i must have saved the image at too low a resolution....

Jilin provincial cross-country skiing team during a warm up session before heading into the woods

6moments.jpg

critique !! Mods need to be told a thing or two too , good or bad ...... we're no less human that anyone :bsmilie:

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition and techniques. I shot this with in-camera BW Dynamic mode ......... kind of regretting it now because not much pixels or nuances to work with.... what do you think ? Should I have shot this in color and converted?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

Following up on the HCB theme of 'Moments' ........ in this case 6 different moments (11 if you count the guys in the background) depicting 6 different poses

3. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I was looking to capture the moments in a structured environment (i.e. the Rule of Thirds horizontally and intentionally , plus encompassing layering of sky, trees, snow and the skiiers)

Give it your best shot.

Last edited:
nothing much i would do here, actually, maybe a little bit of space at the top - which could be solved with lower perspective. that also has the added benefit of bringing the skiers closer to the "horizon" here, thereby allowing for a similar crop to keep the position of the skiers while having more space at the top.

am i being too convoluted here?

if you have the time and it is your sort of thing, you can consider cloning all the other little figures in the distance out.

a pretty nice moment, though i wish they were more evenly spaced out - but that's not really within your control.

do you have other shots with a nicer spacing? the gap between the 4th and the 5th here is the problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.