6 days in philippines...

montroy

Feb 24, 2009
booked my tickets to philippines this august but horror of horrors.. the tickets to boracay is 200sgd return tickets per person... my oh my...

current plan is to do some volcano trekking or caving. friends have recommended me to go tagaygay or davao. what do you guys suggest? probabaly stay there 1/2 nights. before hoping to boracay but its so expensive.

appreciate all your recommendations.

I am going to Philippines in August. You may want to check out Cebu airlines, i got my domestic flight tickets from them. Tagaygay is nice place. 90mins drive away from Metro Manila.

Tagaygay is nice, close to manila depends on where u are based. View from Tagaygay hilltop Starbucks is superb. If time allow, go down to the shore, take a boat across the lake to explore the crater island. Help the locals, take a horse ride up the crater. Eat some grilled tawillis? (the only fresh water sardines in the world).

i'm inclined to stay @ tagaygay as davao is rather far to backtrack to bohol/boracay before returning to manila.

any accomodation recommendation?

i'm inclined to stay @ tagaygay as davao is rather far to backtrack to bohol/boracay before returning to manila.

any accomodation recommendation?

Best bet would be Days Hotel and Taal Vista Lodge. Anyways, you're not gonna fall short of lodging there. I found this list on the web. Hope it helps.

http://www.hotelscombined.com/City/Tagaytay.htm

I'd prefer davao. try to google davao pearl farm resort in samal island.

tagaytay is also a nice place. You can find the so-called "lake within a lake". there is a "small" lake at the middle of the large lake. the small lake is actually the Taal volcano crater. the volcano is somehow "submerged" on Taal lake. IIRC, this is the only volcano of its kind.

though i've never been to bohol, heard its a great place too for beaches and caves.

hey guys is cebu or boracay a better option?

hey guys is cebu or boracay a better option?
Depends on what you want. If you're after hitting the beach, Boracay without a doubt. Not to say Cebu doesn't have any nice beaches (coz it has) but Boracay is where the happening is.

However, Cebu has some nice, fine beaches and a lot more to offer for visitors. Like historical sites (basilica de santo niño, magellan's cross etc), bigger & fancier malls, famous Cebu lechon (roasted pig, if you're into it), guitar factories/shops (in Mactan). One thing to note is that it is relatively easy to hop over to nearby Bohol from Cebu. It's only about 1 hour boat ride away.

Bohol has Panglao Beach (some say it's nicer, whiter and finer than Boracay's), Philippine Tarsier, Chocolate Hills, Historical sites (old churches etc).

In my flickr (see sig) I've got some pix from Cebu and Bohol. Feel free to check it out, and get a glimpse on what the abovementioned places have to offer (and what to expect). We only spent 2D1N in Cebu though so we didn't manage to check out its beaches.

And yeah, I haven't been to Boracay. Yet. :cry:

PS: Suggest you check Cebu Pacific website every now and then.

:Later,

Last edited:
hey guys just wondering, is it safe/convenient to change money in philippines? whats the rate now for usd and sgd?

The current exchange rate is sing $1 to 33.40 pesos. around 45 pesos to US$1. i would suggest Coron, palawan,

just a gentle reminder. do check the climate condition. one heavy typhoon just passed the country last week. it's going to be rainy season these months till september, and forecast typhoons are coming.

August falls smack in the middle of the typhoon season. I suggest keep your eyes on the weather forecast during this period and plan your itinerary when you are in the Philippines.

What, nobody mentioned about Baguio or Sagada? =)

lol its confirmed le. i'll be visiting boracay. hopefully can get full head-on typhoon winds at my resort.

if you book earlier, it will be cheaper. you should go boracay - really heavenly beautiful beach i went last month. see the attached images here:

file:///Users/kathy/Desktop/CeBoBo1.jpg
file:///Users/kathy/Desktop/CeBoBo2.jpg
file:///Users/kathy/Desktop/CeBoBo3.jpg

u want typhoon? :sweat:

yea. called the resort yesterday to confirm my booking n asked about weather too. doubt boracay is gonna be affected, but manila maybe. lets see. 10days to go.