6.5 million people in Sg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly within 20 years.

Wah piang. Like as if now not crowded enough siah...

i wonder how am i going to squeeze into those sardine cans called MRT.. ?:confused:

dun u feel it ? that trains are now getting packed often ? and more cars on the road ? the CTE, PIE and dunno wat E looks choke during day..

wahlau. current population sometimes walk on the street already feel like going crazy wanna whack everyone with tripod already... 6.5 million ppl... better start building more shopping mall...

Year 2027, projected costs

HDB flat: 52 sq-m. From SGD1.2m onwards (ground floor, facing the garbage centre)
Car: Cheapest available, 1.0L "Hybrid" engine car from China. from SGD120k, excl COE.
Whole country, whole day ALS. Public carpark charges, $5 per 15mins or part thereof.

Your projected salary: Same as now.
(The higher pay-bracket all occupied by FTs, liao)

:p

HDB flat: 52 sq-m. From SGD1.2m onwards (ground floor, facing the garbage centre)
Car: Cheapest available, 1.0L "Hybrid" engine car from China. from SGD120k, excl COE.
Whole country, whole day ALS. Public carpark charges, $5 per 15mins or part thereof.

:ipuke:

You are not really a futurist of an optimistic breed aren't you?

dun worry ! got progress package to help you progress.... :thumbsup: just believe it ! becos u have to.. :sweat:

Sg already the 2nd most country dense ratio in the word.. probably trying to aim for number 1 in 20 yrs? :bsmilie:

Find me a country which had their population numbers stagnant over the past 20yrs and I'll gladly migrate and live there.

Find me a country which had their population numbers stagnant over the past 20yrs and I'll gladly migrate and live there.

Italy & Japan...I don't think with your current income u can get a better live there;)

In fact most European nations have reducing growth, Japan and Italy just happens to have reduced population. China in a decade time will also experience population greying and shrinking, simply because 1 couple can have only 1 kid policy, ideally u get half of the middle range age people shrinking by half in a decade or 2.

6.5mill... and I though they are complaining not enough babies...

I believe the govt is afraid that there are too many old people...6.5 millions I believe at least half of them are above 40 years old by then and at least 20% at non-working age i.e dependent on either the kids or the govt.

Even if we start having lots of babies now, they are not enough to cover the expenses of the entire nation, in 2025. Most of them will be just out for work and the burden of the society as well as the greying neighbours, parents etc will be fully on them. So in economic terms, u are actually causing more responsibilities on your kids in 2 decades time.

I'd say dun worry.
At the rate Tuas extension is growing, in a few decades, we can all walk over to Darwin and migrate there...

I'd say dun worry.
At the rate Tuas extension is growing, in a few decades, we can all walk over to Darwin and migrate there...

6.5 million ? are they sure there is enough water supply, jobs, medical and housing ?

i believe that a strong nation is made up of quality citizens, not quantity.. :sweat:

Best part is eventually the majority of the 6.5 mil pop will be made up elderly and senior citizens. Look on the bright side, most of us who are young now will slowly fit into that category. :bigeyes:

dun worry, i m a law abidding singaporean peasant. I will definitely listen to the ELITES and give birth to a football squad + 5 substitutes number of babies. i will try to curb the ageing problem.

Now i began to wonder, how many kids on average does the ELITES have?

Best part is eventually the majority of the 6.5 mil pop will be made up elderly and senior citizens. Look on the bright side, most of us who are young now will slowly fit into that category. :bigeyes:

True, in 20 years time the ppl now around 18-25 will already be past the prime age and in the middle of a career and slogging away till retirement in another 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.