1-2.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

85.jpg

AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G

Nikon D4
- price: $5,999
- FX-format CMOS image sensor 16.2-million pixels
- The ISO range is listed again as 100 to 12,800, expandable to 50 to 204,800. Those were the original D4 specs I published back in December but then I had to correct them. I guess I was wrong in my correction.
- 91,000-pixel RGB metering sensor. The new 91K-pixel (approximately 91,000 pixels) RGB sensor recognizes human faces for more frequent focus acquisition on human faces when Auto-area AF is used.
- AF with 51 focus points. All 51 focus points are fully functional when lenses with a maximum aperture of up to f/5.6 are used, and the cross-type sensors make the most of this capability. Precise focus can be quickly acquired with autofocusing using all AF NIKKOR lenses1, even under lighting as dim as −2 EV .
- Autofocus system: 9 cross-type sensors that are operational up to f/8
- Full-HD movie recording at a frame size of 1920 × 1080 and frame rate of 30 fps is supported, and the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video compression method has been adopted. Movies up to 29 minutes 59 seconds can be recorded.
- A time-lapse photography feature, with which the camera automatically takes photos at selected intervals to record a time-lapse movie, which can be played back at normal playback speed
- 100% viewfinder coverage (obviously)
- Illuminated function buttons
- Dedicated video button
- Compatible with the new Nikon WT-5 wireless transmitter
- Includes H.264 B frame compression
- CF + XQD memory card slots
- Integrated Ethernet in the camera
- Contrast detect AF in movie recording
- Low-pass filter for video recording
- Smooth aperture feature for video recording

Last edited:
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G
A fast, medium-telephoto fixed focal length lens with a focal length of 85 mm and a maximum aperture of f/1.8 compatible with the Nikon FX-format. Very lightweight at approximately 350 g
About: 499 USD

Lekima said:
Nikon D4
- price: $5,999
- FX-format CMOS image sensor 16.2-million pixels
- The ISO range is listed again as 100 to 102,400, expandable to 50 to 204,800. Those were the original D4 specs I published back in December but then I had to correct them. I guess I was wrong in my correction.
- 91,000-pixel RGB metering sensor. The new 91K-pixel (approximately 91,000 pixels) RGB sensor recognizes human faces for more frequent focus acquisition on human faces when Auto-area AF is used.
- AF with 51 focus points. All 51 focus points are fully functional when lenses with a maximum aperture of up to f/5.6 are used, and the cross-type sensors make the most of this capability. Precise focus can be quickly acquired with autofocusing using all AF NIKKOR lenses1, even under lighting as dim as −2 EV .
- Autofocus system: 9 cross-type sensors that are operational up to f/8
- Full-HD movie recording at a frame size of 1920 1080 and frame rate of 30 fps is supported, and the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video compression method has been adopted. Movies up to 29 minutes 59 seconds can be recorded.
- A time-lapse photography feature, with which the camera automatically takes photos at selected intervals to record a time-lapse movie, which can be played back at normal playback speed
- 100% viewfinder coverage (obviously)
- Illuminated function buttons
- Dedicated video button
- Compatible with the new Nikon WT-5 wireless transmitter
- Includes H.264 B frame compression
- CF + XQD memory card slots
- Integrated Ethernet in the camera
- Contrast detect AF in movie recording
- Low-pass filter for video recording
- Smooth aperture feature for video recording

1.34kg... Disappointed...

precisely the reason why I'll never go FF. the weight is... unbearable. for me at least. imagine a 24-70 with that...

- LCD: 3.2"
- This camera also features a new shutter design. Rated to 400,000 cycles

- Ability to assign the two buttons on the front of the camera to smooth aperture control during video recording

3.jpg

Finally.
ok, let's see if there will be a D700 replacement. LONG overdue.

- Silent shutter-release mode for live view photography that almost completely eliminates the sounds of the mirror and shutter operation

precisely the reason why I'll never go FF. the weight is... unbearable. for me at least. imagine a 24-70 with that...

24-70 is 0.9kg... together it will be 2.24kg... more than what this old man can slug around...

I'm wondering why the OP slapped his watermark onto the pictures...

Did you take them?

I'm wondering why the OP slapped his watermark onto the pictures...

Did you take them?

may be he PS them.

back to the topic,
I prefer a 135mm affordable prime...

- White balance that can be adjusted in units of 10 K. White balance can be specified separately for shooting (white balance applied to images) and monitor display with still-image shooting in live view mode

Time lapse shooting
- This new feature combines a selected frame rate and “shooting interval” in a dedicated time lapse photography menu. Playback can be achieved with a wide variety of speeds from 24x to 36,000x while producing a fully finished movie file output for faster multimedia workflows.

more interested in d700 replacement.