5MP Shootout! 5700 vs CS717 vs 7Hi

Best 5MP Prosumer Digicam.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilkoh

Oct 23, 2002
Visit site
Hi all, i'm looking to upgrade to a 5MP Prosumer Digicam and would like to make a poll to see which is better. I'm sure many digicam owners out there knows the fustration of making a decision for the right choice of camera, right? ;)
I've read enough to know the pros and cons of each of these models(by heart mind you), so this poll is more like an exceptance test of how BAD each model is and if it's tolerable for users who actually own them. If possible, would like comments from ppl who hav experience with at least 2 of these models.:)

Alrite guys, pls give me your honest opinions for each model. Thx:cool:

its better that you tried out each cam and then decide...i personally do not like the feel of sony F717, out their photo is good, so theres also con and pro...in the end, its your choice

What??

No:

1) Fuji S602
2) Nikon Coolpix 5000
3) Oly E20
4) Oly C-50 Zoom
5) Oly 5050
6) Lumix DMC LC5

All 5MP yah? :D

OK, OK, sorry guys. My mistake. :embrass:
U're rite, there are many other 5MP digicams out there, sorry me no do homework. However, the following 3 are the ones that i've narrowed down due to budget constraint. Also, if i add too many, choices too much.;p
Pls dun flame me for this:D

you happened to choose 3 of the pricier ones ;p

I've handled 5700 and the 717. 5700 feels a bit too small in my hands. Find it hard to hold it steady without the lens adaptor attached too. 717 handles a bit better even with the Sony flash attached, however, I find that there're a bit too many buttons and the placement is not very intuitive.

no worries wilkoh. no flame intended. :D

am shopping around for a 5MP DC too... and just have more choices on my list.

think there was a similiar poll going round:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15749

too close to call.

enjoy ye shoppin'

Originally posted by wilkoh
OK, OK, sorry guys. My mistake. :embrass:
U're rite, there are many other 5MP digicams out there, sorry me no do homework. However, the following 3 are the ones that i've narrowed down due to budget constraint. Also, if i add too many, choices too much.;p
Pls dun flame me for this:D

I think it is not really fair to compare. Different models have different strengths and weakness. I think it is more of a personal preference and what an individual thinks will suit him/her in terms of style and type of photography. For me, it will be the 5700 because I feel that it is what I really want in a prosumer camera.

By the way, can u guys who wanna buy all these prosumer cameras wait until we set up either online or a store a not? There are a few of us who are aspiring entreprenuers who wanna set up shop to svc guys like u lar...

Hey Jeff, have seen lots of post on your plan to setup a shop. Good for u! Will definitely buy from someone who knows wat they are selling!;)
Back to buying DC, a month ago, i was mindset on getting a CP5700. However, for more than 5 weeks, no stock everywhere! ;(
I can still recall the days when me and my friend(Horus) would go down to AP, CP, John every few days juz to check if stock is here... Would even call them up every 2 days to ask again, "5700 here?".......
Wat can i say, got $$$ but can't buy......
Anyway, the time spent waiting has allowed me to reconsider wat i wanted and what are my needs. After much decision, i'll be getting the Dimage 7hi, as i feel it will be a good camera for me to learn photography wif(features-wise) and should be good enuf to keep me contented :D
But dun know izit i "SUAY" or wat, all the models i want out of stock when i want to buy...... Have currently ordered mine(together wif Horus) at Parasilk. Jeff, i think u can really consider about the business venture as i believe shops like Parasilk also dun keep and buy stock straight away, wat they do is place a order when they have confirmed your order. Think u can really consider.:cool:

Willkoh, glad to also know that u have made up your mind and are contented with your purchase. I mean there is no perfect prosumer DC in the mkt and different pple will like different cameras. So be it.

Can u tell me more abt Parasilk? Have not heard of them. Pse enlighten me as I wld really like to find out as much in the industry before I get into it.

Actually, i haven't got my DC yet.... :embrass:
Me and friend(Horus) have finally decided to get 7hi... Horus called Parisilk up 2 times juz to check got stock or not, but each time a different lady told him their sales person will call him back, but both times he kana fly-kite. He got fed-up, send an 'unhappy' email thru their website, they responded the next working day. Said they selling at $1700 but out of stock, however they can order for us. Told us stock should arrive within a week.... So we happyly placed order and waited...and waited....and..ARRRGGGHHH!!! Two weeks oredi yet no news! Anyway, the way i look at it, the shop also dun carry the goods, they juz take order of what u want, get from supplier, then sell to u. They were even confident tat they can get CP5700 for us*tsk*. ~*Sigh:confused: *....
Wat's wrong huh? Wanted G3, waited forever but not here yet. Wanted CP5700, everywhere no stock. Wanted 7hi, also dun have stock. WTH!?!?!?
Jeff, i think the online idea may really work, juz make sure u got good contact with the supplier, get the orders from customers online, and juz meet-up somewhere for goods transaction. HAHA, me not expert businessman lah but i still think it is feasible. Juz my 2 cents!:cool:

Opps, sori Jeff, have juz gone thru wat you have written and found tat i have not answered your question:embrass: ...

To find out more about them, goto: http://www.parisilk.com/
I do not have their number wif me but i believe u can find it in YellowPages. Hope this helps;)

Willkoh, many thanks for your suggestion. But must discuss more with the rest first.

Just wanna share with u some dealers and how they operate regarding price and stock. U see, when there is no stock in hand, some will quote ridiculous prices that they cannot promise to upkeep when they have the stock. Reasons why:

1. To attract u to wait and buy from their store.
2. To destroy other retailers chances of selling u the DC.

U see, the electronic mkt is very cut throat, so if they can't sell u, they wanna destroy the chances of another retailer selling it to u, hence sometime the ridiculous low quotes u get, but they tell u no stock!

;)

Hi Jeff, thks for the advice:D
Will keep a look out for any stock somewhere else;)

No problems...I too face problems like you too regarding buying of electronic goods. U wanna buy it at a reasonable price, but most of the time no stock or the bugger don't wanna sell it to u because he wants to keep his only piece for someone like a tourist (who will kenna potong for sure!)

Status
Not open for further replies.