5d users! help needed with cycle times !

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun12

Deregistered
Nov 12, 2005
Hello,

According to this website:-
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/KM5D/KM5DA7.HTM

the km5d has a cycle time of 9 frames in RAW before the buffer fills up and it slows down. Testing was done with a 80x lexar cf card(doesn't say the capacity though).

I tried it with my lexar card 80x 512mb and could only get 5 frames before the buffer fills up and it starts lagging.

Can someone with a lexar 80x 512mb or 1 gig or sandisk ultra2 512mb or 1 gig(im gona try it out with this card tomorrow, so some results now would be good :)) run a simple continuous shot test please? :)

Here are some of the results i got:
(note: all tests done at max resolution, shutter priority mode, shutter speed of 1/60s with kit lens, and continuous mode of course)

RAW- 5 frames before lagging
Extra fine Jpeg- 9 frames
Fine jpeg- Inconsistent, managed to hit 50frames for 1 test, and 30+ for another. Imaging resource only hit 15 frames.:dunno:

Procedure: Focus, and depress shoot button until it starts to lag. Hope i'm doing it right haha. And i hope i understood the website's procedure correct as well.

Ok that's about all, really hope someone can shed some light on this! Many thanks! :)

Hi. I think the 9 figure is for the 7D. 5D is supposed to do 5 RAW, 3 RAW + JPEG. This is in line with your test results.

QX

hi, some update to my post.

Seems like imaging resource states extra fine as fine, and fine as normal.

Which means that they obtained 15frames for extra fine mode. I tried it again and this time managed to obtain about 14-15 frames so i guess its in line with my test results.

However, i still cannot break 5 frames in RAW mode.

Hope my camera isn't faulty :(

Anyway, thanks timberwolf for your reply. i sure hope you are right! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.