5D MK II turn out blueish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahugoreng

May 4, 2009
Currently base in singapore
Hi pees,
i wonder anyone experience this kind of problem? i was doing some shoot at botanical garden after some shoots i realise that my pictures turn out blueish, my White balance setting is AWB, so i wonder what happen and i switch the awb mode to sunlight and in the end become ok.

I wonder what is the problem here? anyone can give me some guidance?

thanks in advance

If you want consistent accurate colours you need to set a manual wb or custom wb using a grey/white card in the light source.

AWB will not with you consistent results with colours and may not always get it right as the camera has to guess the colour temperature of the light source in the scene.

AWB is a tricky one as you never know how the Canon Digi chip interpret the light source. Shoot in RAW and make adjustment afterward or use ExposeDisc or other similar product to get a more accurate white balance.

Post the pic to show us. Does this just occur once when you are in botanical gardens or is generally so outdoors?

Yeah, outdoor shoot.. i shoot in raw. i guess i delete the blueish pictures away, cause when i change to sunlight mode the awb seems to be okay. i dont know why, its about 5-6 pm at that time.

Try shooting outdoors in awb to compare the results. At least you will know if this is a consistent prob...

Yeah, outdoor shoot.. i shoot in raw. i guess i delete the blueish pictures away, cause when i change to sunlight mode the awb seems to be okay. i dont know why, its about 5-6 pm at that time.

whenever the color temp shifts, there are differences in the wb that we can't see with the normal eye. sometimes the camera awb doesnt react fast enough when u are firing off multiple frames and the skies suddenly turn cloudy.

nothing wrong with your camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.