5D : Difficulty in inserting the CF Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

catseye

Hi,

Any bros/sis out there with the 5D having experienced this problem:

(Referring to manual page 24)

With the card-eject lever all the way in, sometimes the CF Card just will not sit in fully. I need to toggle the card-eject lever a few times and then by luck the CF Card will insert fully.

Potential problems?

Please share your experiences.

Cheers.

Hmm??? Well, I do not have this problem though. Send it into the service centre before it becomes a big problem? :dunno:

Most likely the spring or the catch/lever is loose?
Bring to Service Centre, no choice one.

catseye said:
Hi,

Any bros/sis out there with the 5D having experienced this problem:

(Referring to manual page 24)

With the card-eject lever all the way in, sometimes the CF Card just will not sit in fully. I need to toggle the card-eject lever a few times and then by luck the CF Card will insert fully.

Potential problems?

Please share your experiences.

Cheers.

Yeah, I had that same problem and I couldn't get the CF card to plug in at all. :dunno: After many many tries, the card-eject level could not even be pushed in, the spring catch seemed to gave way liao. :angry:

No choice, sent the camera to the KMSC, was told will take 10 working days, :bigeyes: Wah lau eh! now I am without my camera... :cry:

titaniumt4 said:
Yeah, I had that same problem and I couldn't get the CF card to plug in at all. :dunno: After many many tries, the card-eject level could not even be pushed in, the spring catch seemed to gave way liao. :angry:

No choice, sent the camera to the KMSC, was told will take 10 working days, :bigeyes: Wah lau eh! now I am without my camera... :cry:

Wah piang eh! ... looks like quality/batch issue!

Mine is intermittent ... dunno can tong for how long ...

Looks like got no choice but to visit KMSC before it gives way during an important moment!

Thanks.

Hello! I don't use the lever button. I just slip my nail under the cf card and pop it out. I used the eject button once and didn't like how it was made. I have no issues pulling the card this way.George

George5D said:
Hello! I don't use the lever button. I just slip my nail under the cf card and pop it out. I used the eject button once and didn't like how it was made. I have no issues pulling the card this way.George

Thanks bro George. Good tip. :thumbsup:

my 5D have been in the KMSC for 2 weeks liao, just called them and was informed that its still not done, estimation 3-4 weeks... wa lau eh!!! ;( :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hi titaniumt4.

Thanks for the update brother.

wah ... a simple problem so difficult to solve meh! Hopefully they are not tai-chiing the problem to Sony :think:

I am trying to use brother George5D's method for the time being. Hope you get your 5D back soon.

Cheers!

Just receive my 5D back from KMSC today, service seem ok to me though.

catseye said:
I am trying to use brother George5D's method for the time being. Hope you get your 5D back soon.

Cheers!

Aiya, I shld have read bro George5D's advice when i remove the CF Card... next thursday or friday i will call KMSC again lor... or maybe i shld just drop by there and see it from the face of the recept... poor her... :think:

Dun need to go bang table liao, :D KMSC just called that my camera is ready liao.

Ya, I hope so. Am out of town now, gotta wait till Friday when I get back to SG to collect. :rolleyes:

sorry for the late update.

collected my cam on the 24th of Feb. Accd to the technician, the CF socket housing was changed. now the CF card can be inserted and taken out swee swee :)

Just want to update you brothers ...

The catch finally gave way last Friday.

I sent it to Sony SC at Wisma on Sunday. The guy serving me seemed ok, photocopied my warranty cards and mentioned will take about two weeks to fix.

Today, just got a call from the Service Centre recep and she mentioned it's ready for collection .... wow that is efficient, just three days.

What turns me off is she told me it will cost like $104 or something like that!!!

Will update all again after collection.

Hi.

Final update ... collected my 5D, very fast service, no complaints.

Did confirm with them that without warranty, the repair cost for the parts and labor would amount to more than $100 .... wow seems pretty ex for just one small insignificant plastic part! Wonder if this got to do with Sony pricing!

Status
Not open for further replies.