580EX vs 580EX MkII

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnudaemon

Sep 8, 2007
Hi,
Is there much difference between these 2 types of flash?

well...
main differences are...
-silent & faster recycling
-power

some other positive changes...
-weather sealing
-quick lever lock

but pls note that there are no dedicated Master/Slave switch, and i THINK it is kinda bigger by a lil'. ;)

well...
main differences are...
-silent & faster recycling
-power

some other positive changes...
-weather sealing
-quick lever lock

but pls note that there are no dedicated Master/Slave switch, and i THINK it is kinda bigger by a lil'. ;)

Power is still the same as 580EX if u're talking abt guide number. In addition, the 580EX II has a sensor at the front and overall built quality is better and feels a little larger.

Power is still the same as 580EX if u're talking abt guide number. In addition, the 580EX II has a sensor at the front and overall built quality is better and feels a little larger.

okok.
thanks for correcting.

Ex II is very silent to the point you only hear the click of the relay. Older model got this whizz which you can roughly deduce the amount of power used.

Thanks guys!
Btw, the price seems to be around 200 bucks difference, which I should go for?

Thanks guys!

Whichever fits your budget. Both flashes are quite close in performance, with minor differences that you probably can live without - I can. I'm on the older 580EX and see no need for an upgrade as yet.

Thanks guys!

hmmmm.
since both are close in performance, i will go for 580EX.
$200 can buy other equipments.
but the decision lies with you eventually. :D

one more thing, the 580EXII has a PC sync port which may or may not be important to you depending on how you shoot..

Status
Not open for further replies.