55mm IR Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

looka

Feb 28, 2006
The Nclave
redstone said:
How much does it cost? :)
My 49mm IR cost me $70. You use this to shoot B & W photo or ????? you know..... a 9200 wavelength IR with IR camera can shoot throught clothing of 2mm thick.

metallilan

Jan 6, 2006
Singapore
looka said:
My 49mm IR cost me $70. You use this to shoot B & W photo or ????? you know..... a 9200 wavelength IR with IR camera can shoot throught clothing of 2mm thick.
49mm so ex already ar? i got 55mm hoya r72 only $43..

well unless you have other things to shoot in mind than landscape IR then pay the price... :sweatsm:

looka

Feb 28, 2006
The Nclave
metallilan said:
49mm so ex already ar? i got 55mm hoya r72 only $43..

well unless you have other things to shoot in mind than landscape IR then pay the price... :sweatsm:
I just remember the day I got it from Cathayphoto also type R72. I may got it with ring adapter. I think locally only have the R72 or 7200 wavelenght. What you got for B&W photo was everything in the shadow will be lighten up or B&W photo with no shadow. Also on a cloudy day it will appear less cloud on photo as IR pass through them. What camera you use with it? I am using Minolta Dimage 7.

Francis247

Staff member
Jul 10, 2005
Hougang, Punggol
forums.clubsnap.com
redstone said:
Wonder if it would be compatible with my prosumer.
Hi there,

My first attempt with IR is using my prosumer camera, Pentax Optio MX. Did you tried doing the remote control test? How is it?

Anyway, if your camera have filter screw threads in front or there is adapter available for filter add-on, then you can try to get one of the IR filters.

I got my 52mm Hoya R72 at around $35 IIRC. Then I get a step-up ring from 33mm to 52mm to try on my Pentax. I was still very new to photography at that time, so the effect is not so good.

After getting a dSLR, I played around with it the understand the potential of the camera, then I start to venture into IR. All I can say is, it had been fun so far. ;)

Do use this thread posted by Pablo to check if your camera is capable of IR.

Cheerz. Have fun. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom