550ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonix

Jan 17, 2002
Sengkang
www.emomentz.com
Actually how powerful is 550EX... under what circumtances that you need the manual function of 550EX?

Will it works fine for G2?

I'm really want to know this... because I don't want to waste money again.. if I found out the 420EX is not enough.

If you can tell me what you do with manual function of 550EX.. i might have a better picture why should i get or not the flash

Thanks in advance

how powerful? Has a GN of 55.

It works for G2. But why would 420ex not be enuff?

Why do u think or under the impression that 420 is not enough ?

:dunno:

Originally posted by sonix

That's what I'm asking....:)

err.... in that case, i would say that 420ex is more than enuff. There's no reason why its not enuff.

do u want to use more than 1 flash on ur G2
do u want to manually control the flash output
do u want to to strobo

if any of ur answer to that is yes then get a 550EX
for more capablity of 550EX go to http://eosseries.ifrance.com/eosseries/en/flashwork/index.html

basically 420EX is a powerful "idiot proof"* flash that can tilt and swivel

*idiot proof means u cannot control but that dun mean the flash is not capable of producing correct flash exposure

Originally posted by xieyuqi
*idiot proof means u cannot control but that dun mean the flash is not capable of producing correct flash exposure

Well said.:D

Originally posted by sonix

That's what I'm asking....:)

420ex is certainly more than enough for most shootings. I own 2 550EX but it doesn't mean I use the full power often. Much of the time I estimate the GN I used don't even exceed 30++...even the 380EX can satisfy me.

What I need from the 550EX are the manual zoom and remote functions... 420EX lacks these but on its own will satisfy most users and shootings.

:gbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.