550ex still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fWord

Jun 23, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I understand that this is an out-of-production model. But are there still any shops out there that have this in stock?

I just called CP this morning and they were out of stock. The Sigma EF 500 DG Super was the other flash I was considering, but they gave me a price of $450...quite shocking actually.

Thanks. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Heheh...could I possibly even hope for a reply now that it's in a new forum?

Anyway, I've already called CP, TCW, Alex Photo, MS Colour...all of them are out-of-stock. Does anyone know if any other shops still sell this flash?

Well, I finally found a new one going at $580. I'd probably bargain on this, but is it worth the buy in the first place?

Or maybe I'm taking to myself? :dunno:

mpenza said:
why not get a second hand one? Canon flash are well-built and can last a long time.

Thank you...it's great to finally hear from someone.

Second-hand ones go quite well-priced, and I could get a 550ex second-hand for around $350 at a shop. In the past, I almost worked out a deal with someone over a used 420ex. But I am just worried about the reliability and the lifespan of used flashes.

There's this nagging thought at the back of my mind that the thing will burn out after I've used it just a few times.

But in your experience, how long can a Canon flash last? I've even seen people go so far as to ask how many flashes a flash has gone through, but there's really no way to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.